Announcement Power Hungry Performance FICM installed

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
19 mpg's...is that in town driving or freeway?

19 - wow, i can only dream that far ahead of where i am at...then again, i only have 29 gallons...

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I am doing REAL GOOD if I can 350 miles out of my 29 gallon tank.

Question, does the FICM have the same "strategy" as the PCM, or are they different?

If I say, buy a spare/used FICM, will it make a difference over the original one I have?

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
"make a difference" is kinda difficult to answer. cuz to what i know, it is just a part that is programmed w/ a fuel program and it runs the way it is intended to. you just can't take a ficm and 'put it in' and expect to do better. if that is your intention bama, i would just suggest getting yours reprogrammed to work better w/ your sct......which is something i have on my wish list - perhaps the combo package....:dunno

does that explanation make sense?;tu

p.s. w/ everything i know you have and have done to your truck, you are still gettting only 350/tank...? as i have told you before, something is amiss. cuz as you know about mine, i am doing 420-450 depending on trailer towing/highway driving.....something is goofy w/ your ride..

Last edited:

atk

Reaction score
I am doing REAL GOOD if I can 350 miles out of my 29 gallon tank.

Question, does the FICM have the same "strategy" as the PCM, or are they different?

If I say, buy a spare/used FICM, will it make a difference over the original one I have?

when you went with the Harley wheels, what size tire did you go with? if they ended up being a taller tire, did you get your speedo recalibrated?

anyway, got my custom tunes:)sweet) from ID this past week and did ask them about the tuning for FICM. didn`t get into it alot of detail about other then pricing(200.00 for the tuning). i am going to contact them again to get the full details, so when i learn more i will share the info. probaly will get it done next spring or after the truck is out of warranty completely....

just got to say, very nice people to talk too, so if you can`t wait for me, give them a call.....

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
when you went with the Harley wheels, what size tire did you go with? if they ended up being a taller tire, did you get your speedo recalibrated?

anyway, got my custom tunes:)sweet) from IDP this past week and did ask them about the tuning for FICM. didn`t get into it alot of detail about other then pricing(200.00 for the tuning). i am going to contact them again to get the full details, so when i learn more i will share the info. probaly will get it done next spring or after the truck is out of warranty completely....

Alex, the tires are the same size as the originals.

Red, the reason I was asking about a spare FICM, was so if I sent it off to be re-programmed, my truck wouldn't be down waiting on the current to get back to me.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
=red 6 0-no;176684p.s. w/ everything i know you have and have done to your truck, you are still gettting only 350/tank...? as i have told you before, something is amiss. cuz as you know about mine, i am doing 420-450 depending on trailer towing/highway driving.....something is goofy w/ your ride..

Yea, tell me about it. I just don't understand it either.

atk

Reaction score
Alex, the tires are the same size as the originals.

Red, the reason I was asking about a spare FICM, was so if I sent it off to be re-programmed, my truck wouldn't be down waiting on the current to get back to me.

that is what i am thinking about doing....

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
that is what i figured you were meaning....

your truck down, you only drive to the mailbox and back anyway....get up and walk lazy...:tounge

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
that is what i figured you were meaning....

your truck down, you only drive to the mailbox and back anyway....get up and walk lazy...:tounge

No, its not broke down, but I don't want it to just sit for days or weeks if thats how long it takes to get your FICM back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14