President to visit Redding tomorrow.

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A president is damned no matter what he does. If he doesn't go to the disaster zone he's criticized, then also criticised when he does.

I think if you take a moment to consider that even presidents have a heart (no matter which party they are from), and that they try to do the right thing by encouraging people through a difficult time...you'll find it's pretty tasteless to complain.

Choosing to occassionally give him the benefit of the doubt might help balance a little bitterness.

MAXTOR - Anytime the president comes to your home town, it's pretty cool in my opinion! I think that is what you were trying to convey! So sorry some took your thread to the negative....

:sorry I hope you didn't misinterpret what i was trying to say as being negative to Maxtor or the president visiting out there. I have 100% the same feeling as what you wrote, just wish it didn't cost so much that's all. I also realize that leaders are required to do this sort of thing for reasons you stated. That's all I was trying to convey. You write a whole lot better than I do though. :doh:

Last edited:

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ain't it like 100* there during the day this time of year?

Only 97 today... 102 tomorrow and 102 Saturday.

The sun can't get through the smoke. Normally it would be 105 plus.
It cools down in September to 80-90's

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the information is correct, the President should be here around 2:00 p.m.
I will try to get some pictures of Air Force One.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
FWIW I wasn't trashing Max's thread. Just think with the current state of affairs home and abroad perhaps there were more important issues.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a nice photo.
Here in the North State, we have 100's of thousands of acres burnt, homes destroyed, people burned alive, so I do not think it is a waste of the Presidents time to survey the damage. California is going to need Federal money to help pay for all the costs of the fires. The President can see first hand on how bad it is. When the lightening storm hit California, there were over a thousand fires started in the State. People can always find negatives in anything. Life is to short to do this. Try looking on the positive side of things. We will all be happier if we do this.
Anyway... here is a good picture.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice picture. I am surprised they let you get that close.

The security was pretty tight. They came in on rwy 16 (from the north) and left on rwy 34 (from the south). One of the C-17's carried all his motorcade, suv's. The one up front was a chevy..." I guess it was expendable" :lmao
Along with the President, and Governor was the state senator from San Francisco. Some wondered if they were going to push her out over the fire. :D

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
Here in the North State, we have 100's of thousands of acres burnt, homes destroyed, people burned alive, so I do not think it is a waste of the Presidents time to survey the damage. California is going to need Federal money to help pay for all the costs of the fires. The President can see first hand on how bad it is. When the lightening storm hit California, there were over a thousand fires started in the State. People can always find negatives in anything. Life is to short to do this. Try looking on the positive side of things. We will all be happier if we do this.
Anyway... here is a good picture.

Man, what an impressive sight, huh? When you see that magnificant bird, suddenly it doesn't matter anymore which political party you find yourself affiliated with. That aircraft simply makes you proud to be an American, and proud of your President.

Thank you for your wise words, and the brilliant photo~
Ken

kenholl

Reaction score
FWIW I wasn't trashing Max's thread. Just think with the current state of affairs home and abroad perhaps there were more important issues.

I can't think of any more devastating "state of affairs at home" right now. I am sure that the hundreds who lost their homes, and some who lost family members, can't think of any either. The economy sucks, but the president can't force you to buy a house, car, or invest in stocks and commodities to drive the markets back up. And if he could, he shouldn't!

It's easy to pick the president apart on a decision. Any president. Any decision. Most of us wouldn't last a day in President Bush's shoes. He has more backbone that he ever gets credit for.

I say, let's give him the benefit of the doubt on things like this, and save the criticism for those issues that truly warrant it. Doing otherwise is cowardly and petty, IMHO.

kenholl

Reaction score
Here in the North State, we have 100's of thousands of acres burnt, homes destroyed, people burned alive, so I do not think it is a waste of the Presidents time to survey the damage.

FWIW...
Bush surveys record-breaking Calif. wildfires - USATODAY.com

A record-breaking fire that has burned hundreds of homes, almost a million acres, and is taking 25,000 fire-fighters to fight? TRIP JUSTIFIED!!! Those 25,000 fire-fighters, as well as those affected by the fires, needed a boost...and our president delivered. God bless all of them...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58