President to visit Redding tomorrow.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW...
Bush surveys record-breaking Calif. wildfires - USATODAY.com

A record-breaking fire that has burned hundreds of homes, almost a million acres, and is taking 25,000 fire-fighters to fight? TRIP JUSTIFIED!!! Those 25,000 fire-fighters, as well as those affected by the fires, needed a boost...and our president delivered. God bless all of them...

I agree.

He took the time to shake ever firefighters hand on the tarmac. Our Sheriff is a good friend of mine and he said he was amazed at how down to earth and friendly President Bush was. He talked about coming back to Redding after his term is up and go fishing on Shasta Lake. He said that he likes to fish for bass. Shasta Lake is a top bass fishing lake.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
After further review of the severity of the fires, I will state for the record that 1: I was wrong about the importance of the President needing to visit the scene of the fire to properly evaluate the situation. 2: I had my head in my a** and let my feelings about the current political climate cloud my judgement. My apologies if I offended anyone.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Here is a nice photo.
Here in the North State, we have 100's of thousands of acres burnt, homes destroyed, people burned alive, so I do not think it is a waste of the Presidents time to survey the damage. California is going to need Federal money to help pay for all the costs of the fires. The President can see first hand on how bad it is. When the lightening storm hit California, there were over a thousand fires started in the State. People can always find negatives in anything. Life is to short to do this. Try looking on the positive side of things. We will all be happier if we do this.
Anyway... here is a good picture.
Nice photo Max,I see a KCRA-3 truck there,up close too:sweet

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
After the Redding trip, Pres Bush is going to the Napa Valley for a Fund Raiser. That will screw up the Valley traffic for a while...

Dave

Yeah, CHP closed Hwy 29 late yesterday and the choppers landed in an adjacent vineyard. But Bill was still in Texas. :)

Last edited:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
When Pres. Bush came to Atlanta for the funeral services of Dr. King's widow, I got behind his motorcade on I-285.

Let's just say that in the middle of the afternoon, approaching rush hour, on the perimeter around Atlanta, and doing no faster than 35 mph, was not a good thing.

Not fun to be in Atlanta on that day.

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
After further review of the severity of the fires, I will state for the record that 1: I was wrong about the importance of the President needing to visit the scene of the fire to properly evaluate the situation. 2: I had my head in my a** and let my feelings about the current political climate cloud my judgement. My apologies if I offended anyone.

Just to be clear, I for one wasn't offended. I just thought you were badly mistaken. Having said that...

In my book, it takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. In my opinion, you can put this behind you and forget about it! ;tu I know I have made statements in the past (even to you!) that I wish I could retract. It's easy to do. I sincerely appreciate the lattitude that we all give each other on SDD!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, CHP closed Hwy 29 late yesterday and the choppers landed in an adjacent vineyard. But Bill was still in Texas. :)

And they closed off the Trail at St Helena, leaving many people stuck with no way in or out. There are only two roads in/out, Hwy 29 and the Silverado Trail.

Dave

Last edited:

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree.

He took the time to shake ever firefighters hand on the tarmac. Our Sheriff is a good friend of mine and he said he was amazed at how down to earth and friendly President Bush was. He talked about coming back to Redding after his term is up and go fishing on Shasta Lake. He said that he likes to fish for bass. Shasta Lake is a top bass fishing lake.

Max, that was a great picture of Air Force One. Regarding President Bush's personality, I have also heard that from someone who saw him when he was the Texas Governor. He was leaving the capital building in Austin and was waving to the crowd. Then he looked over to the group that my co-worker was standing with and gave them an extra wave and smiled. I also like the fact that he is also an owner of an F250 SuperDuty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58