Price of Diesel?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the price per barrel is back up today...$75 bucks and on the climb

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I remember .15/gal fuel when I was a kid working in a car wash.

Dave

LOL..............during the gas price wars you could buy $2 worth and drive all week on it.

Life was much....much simpler then. Go buy a gal of milk with a dollar and come home with change. Us kids ran were outside playin all day with no adult supervision.......moms with small kids stayed at home.........tv was black and white if you had one at all..........our first cooling unit was an attic fan and we thought we were in high cotton.

Oh............FWIW I paid $2.75 last week.

Tbar

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
Man....I need to move obviously!!

Prices have been steady here in Nebraska between $3.02 and $3.09 for the last 3 - 4 weeks.

Wife and I did a 650 mile road trip around Iowa over the past weekend and the cheapest I bought was $2.79 in Des Moines.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been getting it for $2.799 at Murphy Oil (Walmart) in Murphy, TX lately. Took my mom back to Louisiana Friday and stopped at a station over there (Conoco) and paid $2.799 Saturday morning. I noticed some of the stations in Louisiana were selling diesel for $2.749. Diesel should never be higher than regular. It's ridiculous since gas takes more refining than diesel. What's it gonna be like this winter when heating oil prices rise?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
THREE FRIGGIN TWENTY PER GALLON!!

according to the news, we're now the highest in the nation outside of NYC and LA

something's gotta give here soon...
crude falls, fuel rises. oil climbs, fuel rises more.
it's gonna get pretty tight soon, as refiners start stockpiling heating oil

Now, generally, I'm all about free market enterprise, but this is a little different. You can get by without a new stove or a new car...
Fuel is one of those gotta have things, and the oil companies know it.

We rolled over and squeaked when it hit two bucks per five years ago...

After Katrina, we whined about the short supply but we kept right on buying...

WE TOLD THEM we would pay whatever the price is... we're like flippin crack heads... we gotta have our next fuel fix...

GM comes out with a little rollerskate car with a 1.0l engine, and what do we do with it? Instead of using it to run to the store, or commute to work and back, we try to drive four 300lb toothless morons across country 100,000 miles, then complain what an underpowered heap of junk it is...

We as Americans are so fuel addicted, we're STUPID.

We know better.

But it's not our fault that the auto companies can't produce soemthing that gets 42mpg and turns a 13.8 quarter mile, right?

I'm not saying the answer is regulation; Oh, far from it. But it's going to take a wholesale change in the American lifestyle for it to get any better.

Last edited:

Scot

;()
Reaction score
South East Michigan is hanging in the 2.89-3.29 range. I generally pay 2.99-3.09 and burn 80-120 gallons a week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58