Price of Diesel?

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're a really old dude, too.. :hail

Yes, Dave and I are really, really, old dudes, but what you guys have missed is living in the 40's and 50's when everything was like Mayberry in the Andy Griffith show. Just after WWII, the USA was at a time of great prosperity. No such thing as gangs, drugs, or rampant crime. We made everthing here in this country, and had pride in knowing that the product made here was the best in the world. We did not have extra money, or the things we have today, but life was a lot slower and a much better place for children to grow up. My folks made an above average income, and we had only one car, received only one gift at Christmas, Mom stayed home and raised the kids.
It is a very bad trade to trade things we have today for the lifestyle we lost since then.
Yes we are very old dudes, but I would not trade the experiences of the 40's and 50's for today's problems.
Dave, you are a little younger than me, but what do you think?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Yes, Dave and I are really, really, old dudes, but what you guys have missed is living in the 40's and 50's when everything was like Mayberry in the Andy Griffith show. Just after WWII, the USA was at a time of great prosperity. No such thing as gangs, drugs, or rampant crime. We made everthing here in this country, and had pride in knowing that the product made here was the best in the world. We did not have extra money, or the things we have today, but life was a lot slower and a much better place for children to grow up. My folks made an above average income, and we had only one car, received only one gift at Christmas, Mom stayed home and raised the kids.
It is a very bad trade to trade things we have today for the lifestyle we lost since then.
Yes we are very old dudes, but I would not trade the experiences of the 40's and 50's for today's problems.
Dave, you are a little younger than me, but what do you think?

i wish things were like that today max. my dad grew up during the 40's and 50's too. i love to hear his stories of growing up back then.

he just turned 73 in february.:thumbs

BTW. diesel is 2.79 to 2.89 locally (just thought i would mention that to stay within the thread topic)

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wish things were like that today max. my dad grew up during the 40's and 50's too. i love to hear his stories of growing up back then.

he just turned 73 in february.:thumbs

BTW. diesel is 2.79 to 2.89 locally (just thought i would mention that to stay within the thread topic)

Bama;

You need to enjoy him as long as you can. The average white male dies at 72.
I really enjoy talking to guys our age, and reminiscing about the good old days. Problem is, the older we get the more we forget.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Bama;

You need to enjoy him as long as you can. The average white male dies at 72.
I really enjoy talking to guys our age, and reminiscing about the good old days. Problem is, the older we get the more we forget.
I'll ditto that..

We put my Dad in the hospital with congestive heart failure again last Thursday.

I told the County Historical Society they needed to come out and interview my Dad because he's got a lot of living crammed into 84 years...

There's been two books written about his WW-II unit, "The Cactus Division," and "A To Fight, And a Time To Serve" The second of which, contains a story about two men going AWOL for nine days.. the book reads "...no one knows to this day where these men were..."

Dad knows.

I think I'm gonna stash a digital recorder over at Mom & Dad's and just sit and have him tell stories on Sunday afternoons after I cut their lawn..

OH yeah... $2.73 for ULSD, $2.89 for B5

Last edited:

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
took a trip last weekend to minnesota to buy a new camper paid 2.70, and 2.75, back in south dakota, its 2.89

canterburyfour

www.canterburyfour
Reaction score
ouch 3.45 ! must have been in death valley !
2.58 here

We where south of Stockton, CA on I5. It seems like in CA. fhat if you are not a truck stop you can charge a lot more. Everytime we have looked the truck stops are cheaper than the Shell and Chevron's, etc... Someone had mentioned Safeway grocery stores. In Chico that is our best price. It is in the 2.80's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58