Price of Diesel?

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that Michigan has the worst economy thanks to our lovely gov. who wants to raise gas prices another 19 cents to equallize the budget.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Fuel prices are based on supply and demand.......my perspective.

1) On the supply side - feed stock(oil) is at record highs and are based on world oil prices set by many governments and companies world wide. No one person or oil company can control this.

2) Limited refining capacity - the NIMBY crowd and EPA restrictions have greatly discouraged building new refinery's here in the US. Our limited number of refineries are currently running at 95% capacity!!! This guarantees a greater bottle neck when demand goes up or when accidents, natural disasters and plants closing due to maintenance. All the oil in the world does you no good without adequate facilities to turn it into fuel.

3) Demand - we are a great nation that requires a high volume of energy. We have the choice of changing the way we live or developing new resources to fill our needs.

4) Our governments reliance on taxes is also a large contributor to the price of fuel.

5) The oil company's do make profits and their stock holders reap the rewards. Every American has the opportunity to share in these profits by become a stock holder.

Tbar

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Just paid the highest Ive paid yet 3.06. I purchase my fuel from Kings Supers (Kroger) religiously cuz they go through so much. But Ive never seen A station beat their price either. I am about 10 min directly North of Denver. Every time I see a high fuel price I remember the sign at the fuel station I used to buy my fuel at .88 cents in 1998, Its almost like it was a dream.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Dave's like, really old... :hail

I pumped gas in 1977, and it was $.56/gallon, and one of the highest stations in town..

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember .15/gal fuel when I was a kid working in a car wash.

Dave

Yep,, and remember cokes were 10 cents. They might have been 5 cents, but I can't remember now. I worked in a SERVICE station, where we checked battery water, tire pressure, washed the windshields, while fueling the cars. I can't remember what the fuel prices were, but somewhere around 15 cents per gallon.
That was around 1960-62.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Yep,, and remember cokes were 10 cents. They might have been 5 cents, but I can't remember now. I worked in a SERVICE station, where we checked battery water, tire pressure, washed the windshields, while fueling the cars. I can't remember what the fuel prices were, but somewhere around 15 cents per gallon.
That was around 1960-62.

You're a really old dude, too.. :hail

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14