PROBLEM WITH EGR

DONCOEXT

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
WELL I HAVE A 2003 F350 CREW CAB 6.0 I DISCONNECTED THE EGR ANDTHE PERFORMANCE IS BETTER BUT THE TRUCK IS STILL BUCKING AND JERKING AT AROUND 40 TO 60 MPH AND 1500 TO 2000 RPM THE TRUCK HAS A COLD START PROBLEM AS WELL COULD THE PCM BE BAD I HAD A BULLY DOG POWER HOUND AND I REMOVED IT AND THE CONDITION DID NOT GET BETTER
PLEASE HELP :confused:

Reaction score
Have you had all of the recalls done to your truck? I don't know if you bought it used or new - but the truck should have had the EBR/EBP valve recall and the wiring recall done to it. From what you describe - it does not sound like it.

Take your Bully Dog off of the truck and take it in and have the dealer look at it and run an Oasis on it. Your EGR is covered under the motor warranty - it's in the manual so don't let them tell you it's not covered.

Ron

robertoh

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
RG--Just an obsevation:dunno--your cooler fins are on the bottom of your humidor???? your cooling should be on the ceiling- so your natural convection will do the cooling ,as cold will not rise and heat won't fall---just rambling:blah-want you to get it right! Looks like your getting it done and a mighty fine piece at that .BC :canuk Robertoh :burnit :sweet

Last edited:
Reaction score
robertoh said:
RG--Just an obsevation:dunno--your cooler fins are on the bottom of your humidor???? your cooling should be on the ceiling- . . .

Appreciate the comments Robert - it's one of those design problems. Had I put it in the top - I would loose most if not all of the drawer - plus then I'd have to vent the space where the drawer is as the heat side "must" have a cooling fan installed. Can't skip that part. So with the fins and fan your talking 4 3/4" without circulation space. Mounting on the bottom solves the problems - I will simply add a fan to the cooling side to move the air across it - the other fan will circulate the air in the cabinet.

Ron

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
rgdillon said:
Appreciate the comments Robert - it's one of those design problems. Had I put it in the top - I would loose most if not all of the drawer - plus then I'd have to vent the space where the drawer is as the heat side "must" have a cooling fan installed. Can't skip that part. So with the fins and fan your talking 4 3/4" without circulation space. Mounting on the bottom solves the problems - I will simply add a fan to the cooling side to move the air across it - the other fan will circulate the air in the cabinet.

Ron
"not a cabinet maker" hmmmmm looked pretty darn great :hail

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:

ill 2nd that ! hey ron you takin' orders ??? I could pick mine
up on monday :D

Reaction score
powerboatr said:

Thanks Robert - I try hard :D

bushpilot said:
ill 2nd that ! hey ron you takin' orders ??? I could pick mine
up on monday :D

Hey I know - after we get done with your exhaust - you can help me sand :thumbs

Heck I'm just trying to get it up and running before May - got a cigar fest I'm going to and need the room for the spoils I plan on bringing back :D :D :D

Ron

robertoh

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Fan ?

rgdillon said:

Ron
Ron --dummy me :roflmao -don't know why I worried about your project-- you cased it already:sweet --BC:canuk-robertoh:burnit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58