PROBLEM WITH EGR

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
We cant help you if you arent willing to help us help you. Generally speaking, the monkeys do keep the chit chat to a bare minimum in the tech forums and yes, your thread was hijacked to a certain degree. But as stated, you were given help and direction.

Now the rest of you knuckeldraggers................... clean it up.:watchout

Reaction score
95_stroker said:
. . .
Now the rest of you knuckeldraggers................... clean it up.:watchout

Okay boss . . . but in our defense - one of the pages on that site does have a link back here to SDD so technically . . . yes it's a stretch - but - :D :D :D

Ron

DONCOEXT

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok im back i removed the bullydog and and took the truck to a teck the dealer is backed up for 2 weeks and i have an appointment t on it and the he truck has 112000 on it and no warrantyi hade the tech to put a scanner and the computer would not let the scanner in so i took it to another tech and his scanner would not hook up either i don't know how to find out what recalls have been done to the truck until i take it to the dealer. something else that has happend is when getting on it at around 70 mph it feel like the tranny is slipping .THANK YOU

Reaction score
DONCOEXT said:
ok im back i removed the bullydog and and took the truck to a teck the dealer is backed up for 2 weeks and i have an appointment t on it and the he truck has 112000 on it and no warrantyi hade the tech to put a scanner and the computer would not let the scanner in so i took it to another tech and his scanner would not hook up either i don't know how to find out what recalls have been done to the truck until i take it to the dealer. something else that has happend is when getting on it at around 70 mph it feel like the tranny is slipping .THANK YOU

Recalls are not checked by having it scanned - all you need is your VIN number. Copy it down and visit any dealer - ask them nicely if they would run an OASIS for you. Tell them you are looking to see if all of the recalls have been done to the truck. Since the truck is out of warranty - I don't know which if any recalls that haven't been done they would do. Did you buy the truck new or used? If new then you should have gotten letters from Ford for all of them.

As for the scanning itself - find another tech that can do OBDII with "CAN" - should not be a problem.

Your tranny is a five speed - some confuse the downshifting at high speeds with "slipping" - could be your case.

Ron

DONCOEXT

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i bought the truck used at a what i call a back yard dealer. i don't know if the recalls will be covered i sure do hope so. i don't think the tranny is slipping it just feels that way i have had the tranny checked and they said no problem could it be the turbo

THANK YOU , DON

Reaction score
DONCOEXT said:
i bought the truck used at a what i call a back yard dealer. i don't know if the recalls will be covered i sure do hope so. i don't think the tranny is slipping it just feels that way i have had the tranny checked and they said no problem could it be the turbo

THANK YOU , DON

Don - just to clarify in case you don't know what it is - OASIS - in a nutshell, when a Ford dealer services your truck - they will enter the information into a computer system that any Ford dealer can pull up. So you could have work done on it at a Ford dealer in Maine - travel to Texas and a dealer there will know exactly what they did.

Good luck with it -

Ron

Skweeker

Resident Guinea Pig
Reaction score
rgdillon said:
Since the truck is out of warranty - I don't know which if any recalls that haven't been done they would do.
Ron

Recalls are for life of the vehicle. If they have not been performed then they will be done at the dealer if they do their job and run an OASIS report.

DONCOEXT

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok i have had it with this truck . I have taken it to the dealer and they have done the recalls and no different. the truck stll bucks like a misfire . so i guess it is to the next step could it be a injector problem and is that something i can diagnose or is that a dealer and i still have a cold start problem something that just came to mind is that if i use the tow button the problem with the bucking and jerking does help a little but it does not make it stop PLEASE HELP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58