Program Number 05B35 Reflash- Good or Bad?

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
I got a letter from Ford today telling me to bring the truck in for a reflash. The little "gotcha" that gets me is the note that says:

"After the update, vehicles operated in cold weather may experience a small reduction in acceleration during the first few minutes of cold engine operation".

Should I let them do the reflash or tell them to keep their mitts off? I've heard horror stories of good trucks being ruined by reflashes. My truck runs fine and I believe it it ain't broke, don't fix it. Any thoughts? :thanks

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
rray32539 said:
I got a letter from Ford today telling me to bring the truck in for a reflash. The little "gotcha" that gets me is the note that says:

"After the update, vehicles operated in cold weather may experience a small reduction in acceleration during the first few minutes of cold engine operation".

Should I let them do the reflash or tell them to keep their mitts off? I've heard horror stories of good trucks being ruined by reflashes. My truck runs fine and I believe it it ain't broke, don't fix it. Any thoughts? :thanks

ask them to define "small reduction in acceleration"
my 06 accels darn fast when its cold, but its LOUD as all get out
what was your build date again

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the same letter yesterday...I have no plans on taking it in for a re-flash.

Like your's, mine is still running just fine, so I see no reason to take a chance of letting them change that.

Mine is a 04/05/2005 build date.

rmfboat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i had the update or recall on my 2005 6.0 . dont like it. ran just fine before that. it like it lost some hp.

illapah

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had it done, didn't notice any difference at all. (2005 F350)

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
mine was done last thursady
I have driven it twice since then, i have noticed zero differences
maybe i had the the pcm calibration already

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
UPDATE

UPDATE
I amy be completey out of my rabid mind.
However
on the drive home yesterday it was 38F outside, I drove 80% of the way in tow haul to aid in faster warm up.
my first ten miles was at or below 45 mph
she would not drop to 2nd and then to first when slowing down.
it would disnegage and feel like it was thinking.... 1, 2, 3 ..then drop into 2nd
and not nearly as agressive as before.

the other issue was in tow haul it would not upshift inot OD until 50 plus mph under normal throttle
and as soon as i slowed to 45 it would jump out of OD and start he process of re-locking OD at 50 mph. it never did this before

at freeway speeds of 65 to 70 in normal mode she felt normal

on the mountain climb
40F outside egts 900-1000 F, max boost was 25 psi at 68 -70 mph throttle less 3/4 but more than half
this is a 600 foot climb in 1.8 miles and i was still speeding up. had to let off at 70 cause the curve is a bit on the sharp side

seat of the pants accelration test
she wound out to above 3000 rpm to shift under 3/4 to full throttle and at 3000 rpm it felt and sounded like it was about to throw something it had a weird vibration like a throwout bearing , and shaker.
I will give it one more day then she goes back

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg