Project Performance Street Truck

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
The tear down has begun.

Last night I pulled the front bumper,grille,headlights/turnsignals and header panel.
Tonight I pulled out all the interior,door panels,molding,wipers and cowl,most of the dash(what a pita),headliner,seatbelts and the exterior badges and trim.

Tomorrow I should have the rest of the dash out, seats and floor mat out, Long Bed removed, rear bumper off and spare tire removed.

that leaves Saturday to pull the tank,drives shaft and all the electrical,fuel and brake lines running down the frame. Then the real fun starts, cuttin that Beotch in half.:sly

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
PIcs
DieselBefore.jpg

The before shot
DSCN2669-1.jpg

Yesterday
DSCN2670-1.jpg

DSCN2671-1.jpg

Some shots of the XL interior
DSCN2673-1.jpg

DSCN2674-1.jpg

DSCN2675-1.jpg

DSCN2676-1.jpg

DSCN2679-1.jpg

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
A little update.

Frame is now shortened 16". I have welded it back together and have the shortened driveshaft back in place.
frame.jpg

I still have to fishplate this side. I have also finished the crossmember for the front of the Excursion tank.
crossmember.jpg

It took me a while to decide how I wanted it but this is the simplest method I could come up with.
crossmember2.jpg

For those who have been wondering about this mod it is tricky. I did end up triming the front section of the gas tank skid plate to clear the shocks. The excursion shocks mount differently and slightly further forward.When I install the Bilstiens they should fit with no issue.

The rear of the skid plate is still sitting on the hitch crossmember and I still haven't decided on how to secure it.

I also wlded in a rear cross support with 1/4" angle for added strength.
rear1.jpg

I had to notch it to allow the bed bolt clip nut to fit properly.
rear2.jpg

Enjoy the pics and more updates to come.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Did you put a channel piece back to strengthen where you cut the frame, or is it just a simple cut and weld it back together?

Keep the pics a comin'

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
Did you put a channel piece back to strengthen where you cut the frame, or is it just a simple cut and weld it back together?

Keep the pics a comin'

I end welded the sections and will fish plate both sides.I may still box the 6" section of straight frame but I don't think it's needed.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Diesel, this looks to be a very cool build. Do you mind if starting with post #22 I move the build to a new thread in the General Super Duty Discussion forum? Hiding this buildup in the member introduction forum just doesn't do it justice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg