Project Performance Street Truck

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
More pics
Here are some of the parts laid out for cleaning and painting.
DIESELBuildPics15.jpg

The late model center dash with upfitter switches,storage bin and has a new cup holder unit.
DIESELBuildPics17.jpg

My new to me front bumper before I pulled the top cap for paint.
DIESELBuildPics18.jpg

My rear bumper and some misc hardware
DIESELBuildPics19.jpg

The new shocks and waterpump and if ya look close the usps box has my HID kits in it.
DIESELBuildPics20.jpg

New 05-07 Headlight assemblies.
DIESELBuildPics21.jpg

The Excursion overhead console before disassemblie and paint
DIESELBuildPics22.jpg

All broken down,sanded,cleaned,prepped,and a couple of coats of paint.
DIESELBuildPics23.jpg

DIESELBuildPics24.jpg

Partial reassemble
DIESELBuildPics25.jpg

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
Now this took some time. I decided to move the factory A/C Heat controls out of the dash and into the overhead console. The opening in the console is much smaller than the factory controls. I ended up removing the switch assemblies ,modifying them heavily and installing them into the modified rear ac control panel from the excursion. The switches that controlled the rear vents in the excursion will now control the air ride system.The Edge Attitude Monitor will be going where the factory information display used to be.
DIESELBuildPics26.jpg

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
I forgot I had these pics. Sorry they are just crappy cell phone pics.
mytruck1.jpg

mytruck3.jpg

mytruck4.jpg

If you watch this video of my 04 (superchip/intake/exhaust) you can see a coolant mist coming out of the front grille. Shortly after this video(weeks) It was back in the shop for another go at head gaskets under warranty. I love my local for dealer by the way.:innocent
I ran 9.30's (1/8th)in that truck with the 35's and bumper and all. I would like this current project to run the same if not squeak into the 8's. The Vette ran a 9.03 but he fell asleep at the light. :dunno
I just gotta get Diesel running fast enough to beat your average Mustang , Camaro etc. Not asking a lot.:rolleyes:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Didnt know you had another Super Duty. Looks like a nice one.

Is that the factory color? In the pic it looks like it has a light purple tint to it.

paulkeith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
definitely get some fish plates on the sides of those butt welds. you would've been better off cutting the frame into a notch type shape instead, especially considering the cut is inbetween the mounts for the rear leafs, but it should be ok as long as you get some fish plates over the weld to carry the load. Do it now, not later. That comes before painting interior trim panels.

Also, I'd use something besides and Edge attitude. there are way better tunes out there.

Otherwise, sweet project. Keep at it.

Last edited:

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
One side is already plated . I was tired and wanted to move to something less demanding.

I know all about the differences in the tune products on the market but I sell Edge and get a good discount, not to mention I didn't want the pillar gauges. I don't like to advertise what inside the truck.The attitude controller will fit where I want it and I can always run a tuner or chip from Tony and keep the Edge for the display.

The cut was between the cab and the front spring hangers, not between the spring mounts.I just started to clean the frame at that point and decided to blast it at the paint shop. The undercoating is a *****.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THat is awsome. I am liking this project you are doing. Keep up the awsome work and keep us posted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14