Project Performance Street Truck

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
Didnt know you had another Super Duty. Looks like a nice one.

Is that the factory color? In the pic it looks like it has a light purple tint to it.
Yep this was "Bohemith" sd the wife liked to call it. Factory Dark Shadow Gray. Probably just the crappy cell phone changing the color.

This truck went away in Dec. 05 and I have been without Diesel power until now.

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
Today I needed to satisfy PAULKEITH so I welded up the fish plate on the other side of the frame rails. Frame is now done until it gets painted.

Finished painting all the little plastic pieces for the interior. All I have left is one door panel and the Dash panel.

Got the seats back from the upholstery shop Friday. Dark gray leather with light gray centers.

Went for a test drive and man is it bouncy. I did notice an AAL in the rear spring pack. I guess the previous owner needed some extra capacity.

Left on the list
Interior and exterior
1.Paint and Body
2. Hidden filler neck
3. Carpet
4. Headliner
5. Alarm system(keyless,windows,remote start)
6. Wire in the power windows and door locks
7. Tint the windows
8. Dream Beams
9.Link and Bag the rear and maybe the front
10. Put all the interior back in
11.figure out what mirrors to run and buy em.
12 Audio/Video
13.Bed Liner
14.Bed Cover
------------------------------
Engine
15. Water pump, hoses, belts, tensioner, glow plugs, edge unit, exhaust, intake, oil change, fuel filter change.

at least another days worth of work.HA

dead line is Feb 22nd

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would offer help but it looks liek by the time I hit Texas you would be done. And like I would be any help anyways. HAHA

The project looks awesome.

paulkeith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I needed to satisfy PAULKEITH so I welded up the fish plate on the other side of the frame rails.

Damn skippy, hahah. Gotta make sure none of us keyboard fabbers can find fault in your fab work. Few more questions...How did you align the frame after you cut it? How are you going to link it? Why haven't you settled on linking the front too?

This thread is worthless without pics!

Last edited:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Damn skippy, hahah. Gotta make sure none of us keyboard fabbers can find fault in your fab work. Few more questions...How did you align the frame after you cut it? How are you going to link it? Why haven't you settled on linking the front too?

This thread is worthless without pics!

Maybe he is not finish yet.

BTW, please watch the language. :sweet

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
Uh I have posted about 10 or so pics so far.

I can't link the front it's 2wd.

No I'm not done yet.

Too busy working to take pictures of all the little stuff.

PK I was being sarcastic!

Thanks Bama.

paulkeith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesel, you said in your post you may link the front too? or did you mean just bag the front?

are you gonna build your own links, or use a kit?

BTW, please watch the language

...wow

Last edited:

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
yep just bag the front.

I will build my own setup. For the cost of most the aftermarket link and bag kits I can build a better one and still be able to afford fuel.:lmao

The rear is easy on a street truck, I just need some adjustability to tune it. The front should just be a matter of removing the spring,fabbing mounts for the bags and hooking up the lines. Not much else to do with I beams.

There was a system on the market called the Road Tamer mad by air lift. It was a great design and used HD grade cone bags behind the axle. The biggest problem was the panhard bar mounted to the frame on one side and the control arm on the other. If you over loaded the truck you could break the panhard.With as low as the truck will be I can run the bar from the outside of the frame to the opposite side of the axle and get it completely flat. Much less stress on it this way.

Oh well Paint and body is next and I have anything left in my budget I will work on the airride.

atk

Reaction score
can`t waite to see the finished project...have thought of something similar for
a project, just no funds yet for that....:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14