Rake's not for me

CHPMustang

Reaction score
VinceJE said:
I talked with my local 4WheelParts shop today. They quoted me $930 drive-out for the leveling kit. Including springs, 4 upgraded shocks, and all hardware installed.

Sound reasonable?
A Donahue Racing Edge mini spring pack leveling kit from will run you $225 which comes with spring packs,U bolts,hardware and can easily be done in your driveway:sweet

It's an alternative to consider when it comes to $$$ unless you have a pot 'o gold;)
Actual Mini spring pack kit photos

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Didn't know DR made a leveling kit

Definently go with them for that price :sweet

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
A Donahue Racing Edge mini spring pack leveling kit from will run you $225 which comes with spring packs,U bolts,hardware and can easily be done in your driveway:sweet

It's an alternative to consider when it comes to $$$ unless you have a pot 'o gold;)

950 bucks?:eek: ... what kind of kit is that? I agree with CHP... A leveling kit would be really easy to do at home... but if thats not an option, try and negotiate the price with the salesman at 4wheelparts... haha... (I used to work there) so you might be able to get a better deal...

VinceJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea... I'm gonna talk to them again to get the details on the quote. They did offer some cheaper options. This one was more than add-on springs. This was a leveling kit (I think from Pro Comp) that includes full replacement springs, new track bar & track bar bracket, and MX-6 adjustable shocks. May be a bit over kill for me, but I was interested in going this route because they said it would improve the ride.

What do y'all think? Would this improve the ride?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Upgrading the shocks is the absoloute one way to improve the ride:notworthy

If it's clearance you need the spring packs will compliment the shocks,just trying to save you a few buckos for other mods:sweet

VinceJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saving money is definately important. I'm itching to see what a programmer like the edge juice module can do for me. That's another better part of a grand... and then there's the wheels, tires, bed liner, bull bars, lights, audio, exhaust.... you know... all the new priorities in life. Someday I'll have a few bucks to take the wife out to McD's for a burger, but not until I get this truck the way I want it!!
:burnit

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
architect-builder said:
I have the "X" springs on mine. Does anyone know if I need the adjustable track bar if I add the minispring pack???

Barrett
I thought you might have needed an adjustable trac bar with anything W and over codes. What are they running $$$ anyhows?

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
VinceJE said:
Yea... I'm gonna talk to them again to get the details on the quote. They did offer some cheaper options. This one was more than add-on springs. This was a leveling kit (I think from Pro Comp) that includes full replacement springs, new track bar & track bar bracket, and MX-6 adjustable shocks. May be a bit over kill for me, but I was interested in going this route because they said it would improve the ride.

What do y'all think? Would this improve the ride?

I would definetly ask what the details are.... the kit you are talkin about with the shocks is 200 bucks more expensive than the kit with regular shocks and to tell you the truth the MX-6s are over kill for anything.. the ES9000s are basically the same and half the price... ... and you dont need a trac bar, that doesn't come with the kit.. so tell them to stop pullin your chain... it comes with a bracket tho...

Sorry to be so harsh... I just hate it when 4wheel parts sells their products at retail... who pays retail!? hehe... anyways I'm assuming you are still having this installed by 4wheel parts? if not you can save yourself 500 bucks by getting the regular kit with ES9000s, and installing it yourself.... and if not low ball em! :sweet (I know how they work)

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Yeah you don't need a trac bar, i got 4.5" and I don't even have/need one

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14