recycling internal parts morality

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd betcha this is already being done, or delt with, in a private (family) way, when The End is Near, or has already happened.

There's not much.. that get's by the "Recyclers" theze dayz.

Like Dental Gold, Platinum.... Prostheses materials.. what happenz there ?

Kinda Morbid and/or private.. but valid questions :dunno

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
hip snatchers thats extreme metal recycling....

i merely wanted to try to add them to a the donor program like tissue, eyes, kidneys and the like
texas and most other states allows you to add organ donor on your license so its easy for the hospital to follow through
if we could add the NON HUMAN parts to the list that could be reused for another person it would be a positive
however the issue of sterilization and the depths that takes...shouldn't be that big of a deal, as we do it now for organs and tissue to limit rejection

the removal of said items may prove to be interesting..
i am sure wiser men than me have thought about it....but you just never know

Butch Cassidy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do you folks think of a venture that would recycle implants from persons that have passed away?
titanium joints, etc.
harvest them like the organ donor program, except most would not be a direct fit so they would need to be melted down or reformed.

most knee joints are three piece units and the joints are resurface-able as are most hip joints.

yes i am about 20 years ahead of the curve....but its not that far fetched. wouldn't be a get rich scheme, just a similar program like corneas

Hey, this could lead to some new and interesting episodes on "Pawn Stars"

Just think, customer walks into the pawn shop, trying to sell grandmas' false teeth and hip replacement. How would you put a fair market price on something like this?

Sound too off the wall, think again, as this is already occuring on black markets around the world. Also with the economy the way it is, if there is a price and profit to be made, don't rule out anything.

On a more serious note, organ transplants are a gift of love, compassion in helping a fellow mankind in need of an organ.

This topic will increasingly be debated more in the coming future. Also the topic of "bioengineered" body parts.

Butchcassidy1

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just think, customer walks into the pawn shop, trying to sell grandmas' false teeth. How would you put a fair market price on something like this?Butchcassidy1

they sold George Washington's teeth

14.jpg

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
not sure about this.im not a fan of organ donating either.im not a donor and nor will i be.if i needed a transplant to live i would refuse it.id rather die than have a body part of another person stuck in me.if i need a joint replacement,oh well give me strong pain killers cuz they aint cuttin me open for it.and they sure as heck aint cuttin me open after i die to take pieces out of me like im some kind of human salvage yard

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rich, all I can say is good luck then, because when the knees get bone on bone there is no pain killer that works on that kind of pain, and when you can't walk but about 30 feet inside your own home without being is so much pain you are crying, you will want some relief. I had both of mine did last year and it was very painful, I will not lie about it. Now I can walk, with out pain.
So never say never, and if I die tonight Robert you can have the knees I have now, where I am going I will not be needing them.

Doug

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
Rich, all I can say is good luck then, because when the knees get bone on bone there is no pain killer that works on that kind of pain, and when you can't walk but about 30 feet inside your own home without being is so much pain you are crying, you will want some relief. I had both of mine did last year and it was very painful, I will not lie about it. Now I can walk, with out pain.
So never say never, and if I die tonight Robert you can have the knees I have now, where I am going I will not be needing them.

Doug
I totally agree with you on this one. I was to a point that I would have considered myself a wheel chair candidate. I can now walk 3 or more miles now with no pain. I am totally thankful for my metal knees. Other parts hurt but not my knees. :)
Jim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58