redneck build summary (pretty long)

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i was gonna tell them what to torque them to, 130 ft/lb? I cant remember what i originally tq'd them too.

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well rods got here today and boy do they look beefy at 425g heavier than stock forged. Took everything needed for longblock assembly to machine shop, now i wait on them. Now if i could figure out how to get pics off my motorola "razr V3c" phone, anyone know how?

the 5K build is long gone since ive spent a touch over 5k on parts and probably 1000-1500 more coming up in machine shop bill plus the DI intercooler i bought too:D -popcorn .

Luke

ryanPSD

Living in Kallynogunforya
Reaction score
So much for the redneck budget build. :D

Sounds like you will have a real stable setup though!

I have the razr V3 as well... the easiest way is a computer that has bluetooth. To link directly to it via USB I think you need the software which you have to pay for. I don't have it... normally I find a laptop with bluetooth and copy it wirelessly to the computer. Or you can when viewing the picture, do options, send in message, and email it to yourself (it can be a pain though typing out your email address each time). I've done that a few times myself...

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that things looks like a real hoss. You are getting them balanced aren't you? They should last a life time.:sweet

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
luke
nice little book you got going there. Thanks for the insight on your build, those poor old push rods took some beating dont you think.
as far as the drama stop and we enjoy the No Flame zone here with friends

Last edited:

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Luke,

Those look beefy! I can't remember from my machine shop employment days, is there enough room for them or is there going to have to be some clearancing done? That's one job I hated doing on 347 stroker Ford gassers and some h-beamed SBC's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14