reduce under hood temperatures

motorhead440

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the assist,

Unfortunately according to Stant's website thats a 192 Thermostat. If anyone has an "in" with IH that may be where the solution is found. Likely a 180 for a similar design different application will fit. I believe our thermostats are made by caltherm. Again , thanks !!!!

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Design Engineering, Inc. heat wrap

Just bought the heat wrap yesterday. 2" by 50 ft. and two clamps for $44 and some change. One roll will be more than enough to wrap the whole down pipe. Transmission will benifit from the cooler down pipe also. To bad Ford didn't put it on stock, or coat the down pipe with a heat shielding coating.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
dare i say i could take credit for this 'topic', it was just a little message passed along from back in may when pretty much everything under the hood was replaced and during a discussion w/ ser. mgr. about my coolant covered underliner (i asked him to clean it) when he said the new truck don't even have it or heat shielding. something to do w/ the fact that fomoco says (according to him) that it trapped in too much heat. :dunno just what he said.

now a certain few people are looking under the hood saying mine has it, mine doesn't have it etc. and stating there reasons for why it is good/bad. i merely passed along some info. i thought was of interest and it sounds like a couple of people want to expand on that idea (wrapping) which to me sounds like a better alternative. and as the above mentioned, why did ford not go this route instead. that is the great thing about this forum, many different peoples ideas/opinions and we bounce things off of others and come up w/ an even better solution. as for the heat blistering paint deal, i do believe that was a leaked tid bit of info. on the twins on the 6.4, yet to see if it is a reality.

maxtor- by all means go ahead and test the pipe wrap and post your findings. i am sure lots of us will be looking forward to hearing about it. :thumbs to date my dirty underliner is still in place, i do plan on removing it (but keeping the front lip seal - ser. mgr. said do not remove it, helps w/ air flow) and possible doing the wrap thing.

hoss, you can have your soap box back.:thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58