reminder as to why to be Too heavy

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Musta been real Tired when I typed the header for this... anyway the intent was to show ya how fast things get nasty........

ryaneverk2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yikes.... that's pretty freakin' terrifying. A good reminder as to why to not ride along side a bigrig... not only for their blind spots, but if they lose it, you're NOT gonna win. :( That audi didn't have a chance.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's videos like that one that result in people wanting to eliminate big rigs from the roads.

ryaneverk2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True...

Most poeple don't realize just how many big rigs are on the road delivering their goods, nonstop, going millions of miles accident-free. They're the best, safest drivers out there. I'd follow along in a pack of rigs before zipping around with the rest of traffic.

But boy... sure don't want to get in a tangle with one.... even in my big truck.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Here's something scary...foreign operators who do not meet U.S. safety and insurance standards driving on U.S. highways. Some of the Mexican trucks I see on I-10 IMHO shouldn't even be on the highway. Blame NAFTA I guess. :dunno

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is funny is that the newscaster was saying that it was because the truck was overweight by 7000 lbs. Being overweight, though certainly illegal, was not the cause of that accident.

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
ryaneverk2 said:
True...

Most poeple don't realize just how many big rigs are on the road delivering their goods, nonstop, going millions of miles accident-free. They're the best, safest drivers out there. I'd follow along in a pack of rigs before zipping around with the rest of traffic.

But boy... sure don't want to get in a tangle with one.... even in my big truck.
I'm with Ryan, I'd rather drive in a pack of 18-wheels over 4's, they don't whip around, speed like idiots, nothing, they're very careful drivers and can drive for 18 hours straight no problem

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:
I'm with Ryan, I'd rather drive in a pack of 18-wheels over 4's, they don't whip around, speed like idiots, nothing, they're very careful drivers and can drive for 18 hours straight no problem
And 11 of those hours are legal...

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:

You need to try and drive on I-5...:eek: That'll change your mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58