reminder as to why to be Too heavy

Maintain

Platinum Edition
Reaction score
Depends on the driver you get. On my trip to florida, I held with several of them and they saved me from being caught by cops a few times (since they all know where they are) but there was this one that would literally ride your ass so close that I could probably not of stood between my truck and theirs. I got over into the other lane and watched how close he got to this kia, must of damn near took the paint off!!!! I got back over, slowed down and stayed next to this other truck for about 2 miles untill the closest traffic was about 1000 yards ahead and then took off and wiggled up thru traffic so I didn't have to see him anymore and then returned to normal speed. Needless to say, he was on my ass again in about 45 minutes, but this time I let him pass.

I liked all the other drivers lol though.

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, drives me nuts when people don't get around the trucks quickly and leave you stranded next to one. I like to get around them quick and get out of there way. Never know when a tire is gonna blow :eek: Hell, I think people are stupid for hovering next to my rig when I'm toolin' down the highway. There are a lot of people out there that are in there own little worlds and don't think about things like tires blowing and loosing control.

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. Totally agree Greg. I can't stand stupid driver's. Some driver's around here NEVER look in their rear view mirror .... or anywhere. They just have that dazed look on their face (in their own world, like you said). And they either drive 10 mph UNDER the speed limit .... or 15+ OVER the speed limit. No in between. Oh, and driving slow in the left lane ticks me off. I realize there is no "fast lane" ... but the law (& signs) state that slower traffic needs to move to the right. I-40 can be bad here .... but I-85 through Charlotte has the most horrible driver's I have ever seen. And yes, it's worse than Atlanta.

[rant off]

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SeventyMach1 said:
.... but I-85 through Charlotte has the most horrible driver's I have ever seen. And yes, it's worse than Atlanta.

[rant off]

Nuff said there, no argument from me on that one :sweet I have never seen so many 'left-lane huggers' in my entire life! It's like there is a permanent 'left-lane drivers convention' goin' on there! They don't like you passing them either, they speed up on you when you do :nutkick: :guns: Nothin' a little 'I'm outta control' sway with the rig won't cure -popcorn ok, I'm done with my rant:rant

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
greg
i know what you mean about folks hanging next to teh trailer on the road
i went to change lanes, looked in teh mirrors :D , saw nothing, moved over and i hear a beep beep i looked again and there was little white car running in the shoulder of the highway right near my rigs tires, I have no idea where he came from, but he was pissed when he went by, waved at me and said i was #1
i bet my rv would have just ran over him and left a mark on the pavement:D

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:
I'm with Ryan, I'd rather drive in a pack of 18-wheels over 4's, they don't whip around, speed like idiots, nothing, they're very careful drivers and can drive for 18 hours straight no problem

You havent been driving long enough... There isnt a rig in Texas driving under 85. They speed like idiots as a rule rather than an exception.

I know a lot of people here like the big rigs but I hate them. On I-35 they drive like they are the only thing on the road and I have had VERY close calls MANY times.

Someone mentioned NAFTA and, yes, it is the culprit. Mexican rigs should never be allowed here. I have seen a report in Austin of a Mexican rig pulled over with the brake lines held together by bailing wire.

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
...I have no idea where he came from, but he was pissed when he went by, waved at me and said i was #1
i bet my rv would have just ran over him and left a mark on the pavement:D

This "#1" comment made me laugh so hard I had tears coming out :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao Made my Friday man! :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg