Road Trip!

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well survied yellowstone. no bears nice and cool. came down to Tetons at 6k ft and hotter than heck! were going to stay 2 nights but already changed plans this private RV park has NO SHADE and is less than impressive at 60 bucks a night!!!! heading back to park in the am for one night.
Fuel is getting low. around 120 gal left doubting we are going to make it back home on it! gonna have to suck it up buy some fuel. the truck won't know how to act on petro.
later..
rick

how many gallons did you leave home WITH !?!

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
250 gals.
1,500 some odd miles driven so far, most pulling Travel Trailer. Was 16k + when we left home.
Did I mention, this place we are at today SUCKS. View of the Tetons about 10 miles away but aint a tree in site and hotter than heck.
Truck front left brake started squeeking and has not stopped yet. All new, and pulled tire and checked it,just can not figure out why the wear piece is rubbing the rotor. Ready to cut the dang thing off driving me nuts.
Well, kids are in the pool so time for me to take a nap till the sun gets low and it cools off.
Later,
Rick H...

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Well made it back to civilization, well Casper WY at least! Nice to have an internet connection and cell service again even though being out in the woods is great! The kids are ready to go home!
Truck did very well over all. Noticed a few times today pulling through Wind River Valley like it had a very flat spot and no power. Wonder if a filter needs changing, switch tanks did not notice it any more, went back to the tank that I noticed and never happened again. Oh well.
Fuel is getting very low, pulling through Wind River really killed us, into a 15-20 mpg head wind!
Was able to maintain 65 mph but there many stretches that it was on the floor for a long while.
I am not giving up, I am going to run the tanks dry before having to buy fuel!
Next stop, Deer Hunting Ranch. Gotta fix the heater in the trailer for this coming season!
Rick H...

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
just a quick stop over will head out early this am...
We will be coming back this way maybe this fall. Would like to see mountains in the winter.
Thanks,
Rick H...

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
I know... Got to get the digital camera unloaded and the 35mm processed and transfered to CD. I still like my 35 yr old 35mm SLR better than the digital.
Will work on that next week. Gonna take all weekend to clean things up!
Just to wore out to do anything tonight!
Rick H...

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know... Got to get the digital camera unloaded and the 35mm processed and transfered to CD. I still like my 35 yr old 35mm SLR better than the digital.

rick youd love the new generation of digital SLRs...We have a
huge investments in nikon lens' (from our older FILM nikons)...

coulple yrs ago i bought my wife the 6 MegaPixel Nikon D70...
a real fullsize digital SLR...we use all our "old" lens'..and the new
d70 has all the manual settings that youre used to w/ a film camera.

the new digital SLRs take beautiful EXTREAMLY high professional
quality shots.

i bet what ever brand slr you have youll be able to find something.

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
The start of a few pics....
Vacation Summer of 2007
Gonna be too many to direct post so I threw a few on a web page to get started.
I know I have some of the truck that I took, when I get those back from development I will post them.
Rick H...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg