salesman says i should

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
bryan-
thanks for the words. but as much as i do NOT want to go back to the dealership, i want to shove it in their face and given my issues have them at the very least refund my front end repair costs. hope that does not come off to selfish. :confused: i totally agree, once you run across great service, it is hard to pass up. and now i have to decide, once i see how she drives, whether or not to give it up in sept. i told the wife when i got a truck if it was a diesel that i would keep it for many miles:) - which is what i would like to do on one hand.

as for the photos, the ser. mgr. said yeah come on back and snap away, wanted more but the disk i had was full.:(

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with what you say to a point, Bryan, but... There's a dealership near me, and 20 years ago this year, we bought a truck from them and had lousy service, well actually no service, and as of last year my buddy bought a dodge because of it. This place has changed names 3 times since, and it's the same old story. It's now Shults Ford in Wexford PA. The Shults over on Rt8 in Allison park is perfectly fine, but this other one is a real clusterfvck.

If they want to act like retards and treat the paying customer like crap and hide behind a good ad campaign from the other dealers in the group that's fine. I think it's time they get the recognition they so fitingly deserve.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I would agree it could save a lot of people trouble if a letter to the paper was written. Just make sure you can prove everything you say and be careful how you say it. Last thing you need is a libel suit. I would write one personally. They need to be exposed for what they are.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
just an update; i got a 9 a.m. friday meeting w/ a new female ford rep. i will school her and get her up to date on my situation and see if she has any sympathy for me,:sweet if not i then probably will go the letter in paper way...:sorry and i am having them do the front end repairs too...its only cash and you cant take it w/ you when you die.:D

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
after looking at them pictures, I need to go back and put in quick connects to all teh new stuff i got going into the cab,
I think who ever convinced the dealerships to start the cab off repair is a genius. I never thought it was that easy on a pickup, but it does make perfect sense.
and great pictures by the way, we need to move em to a library of OFF frame repairs
hint hint mods ??
would like to see whats left under the hood... would make it easier for me to add quick connects to lines and wires.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
robert-
yeah when the ser. mgr. said come on back and snap away i thought 'wow no way, cool' so i did and then disk got full-mad so sorry, no up close shots for disconnects... was pretty cool to see in person though.

as for an update: just got home from meeting w/ a really cool lady fomoco rep. gave her the long winded speel from start to finish as of last week. to say she was disgusted in how i was treated and what was said to me is an understatement-given her position. as it stands now, could change, she is going to REFUND me my last weeks $100, NO CHARGE me this $100 and make a lease payment for me. so that takes care of over $800/$1100 front end repairs. Livable:dunno but better than being out $1100.:thumbs
told her i wanted nothing to do with HASTINGS FORD (oops that slipped) but was considering going back w/ the $1100 bill and at the very least wanting that refunded or i was to take out an ad, she said it is basically my decision. i have all but made up my mind and can guess what you all would have to say. from what i gather, it is a 50/50 split decision.:dunno

i saw she was almost put back together and should get it back this afternoon. updates to follow.:thumbs :thumbs

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Red,

If the Ford Rep took care of ya ( and it sounds like they did)

I would just drop it and move on.

It probably wouldn't go anywhere and just give ya more headaces.

If you are HAPPY now (money back and truck is fixed), then just chaulk it up to Stupid People at the other dealership.

Not worth your Time to mess with people like that.

JMHO ;)

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
UPDATE: this should be the last.:D
big K and budro- are you related to my father, echoed his sentiments exactly. :sweet its probably a done deal.:roflmao

got a little more good news.:thumbs dealership closes at 6, picked up truck at 5 after. reason being, the other 4 injectors were down and needed replacing upon reassembly and test drive. all 8 new.. got the complete list now: had some codes p0401,p2263, boost was low and vgt% sticks at 15% & @ 85% fuel pressure intermitent low, new upgraded turbo, worn regulator(replaced), egr valve replaced, replaced icp sensor, got a free oil change(but it doesn't look like the did the coolant-gotta ask), upon reaching 20psi it puked-head gaskets replaced, replaced coolant pipe that siezed in front cover and oil cooler to egr cooler adapter-scored on removal, removed turbo again and replaced exhaust adapter, new air filter (i will be doing the fuel filters), four new ball joints, alignment and drag links. heck i got an '06 now!:D :hail :thumbs

upon driving away from the lot the only thing i noticed besides the raw fuel stink in the cab:( is that the shifts seem (best description) tighter, quicker, more firm, shorter-does that make sense? and as for the headliner, told ser. mgr. i was going to take it out and asked if he sold engine cleaner, he went back to the mechanics's toolboxes and 5-finger discounted 2 cans for me.:thumbs he said that should take away the stink and clean things up nice.

got some part numbers - maybe someone can tell me (or use for your benefit) what they are and which injectors i got c-95 or newer?

3c3z-6k682-barm turbocharger 228107
3c3z-9e527-ae injector nozzle 978075
4c3z-9f452-a valve a 152613 ????
3c3z-9t517-aa kit - p 852131 ????
the oil is a given, but is this the oil fiters? xt-2-qdx fluid- 618014
3c3z-6766-ba valve a 849045 ????
3c3z-9f838-ea sensor 925977 ????
3c3z-8592-ab connect 013263 ????
3c3z-9p458-aa housing 852115 ????
3c3z-6k854-da adaptor 882071 ????
4c3z-9601-aa element 079104 (air filter) $69.95 dealr cost:dunno
f6tz-3v049-ba joint a 993782 (upper ball joints???)
2c3z-3v050-ba joint a 993792 (lower ball joints???)
6c3z-3304-d rod asy 202963 ????
6c3z-3a131-h end asy 202964 ????
6c3z-3280-e tube as 100331 ????

now i gots ta go rotate the tires a few hundred miles...and as 'big k' says ENJOY! - hopefully..:burnit :burnit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58