salesman says i should

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
holy _h_t!!! i was right.:hail :hail got a call from the ser. mgr. where the truck is at today, and i quote "egr coked up, egr cooler gunked up, head gaskets toast.:thumbs we fixed the egr & cooler today, will finish pulling the cab off and get to the head gaskets by wed. injectors (how many unsure yet) are toast too. still has the blue smoke, working on that." i told him i could pretty much drive down and give him a kiss. :D called me back later to say that the air filter is plugged, wanted permission to repair-otherwise it would be difficult to run any more tests, i said yes $68. also informed me of the 3/4 ball joints shot, i said i knew that, that was on my list-he looked and said 'oh yeah i see it now'. he also said that the drag link was on the outs, not detrimental to the repair now but keep it in mind. that would cost $268. oh, and to fix the 4 joints w/ alignment $560 p/l and $110 alignment. anyones thoughts on the cost of having them do it, or should i look elsewhere? not to sure it is something i could tackle. i would assume that the ball joints bad (since Jan. when i found out) are causing the drag link to go caput? even better, asked if i could stop by and take some shots of her stripped of her body, he said "SURE, i'll call yah tomorrow when she's ready". COOL.:thumbs

question now is what/how to say to my selling dealership about their repair :roflmao (screw) job last week. i am so pumped.:thumbs :thumbs:woo

dropped off the rental f150 for dads v10 gasser w/ ceramic headers, and duals. forgot how much fun those can be. even though it is dads i am still drivin it like a red-headed step child...:thumbs

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
As much trouble as you have had finding a dealer to repair your problems I wouldn't pinch pennies over the alignment price. :2c

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
see patience is working out, glad to hear your baby is getting fixed up.
as far as the alignment, I would do it, especially if they are going above and beyond getting the engine right...
you know grease the palm so to speak.....

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$110 for the alignment is about right, don't ask me why it's more than a car, as it still has 4 wheels, but, that said, that's what I paid twice, for mine.

As far as the joints and the drag link, yeah, you could probably do it yourself, but you're looking at I'll bet at least $250 in parts. I just went on Rockauto, and ball joints go from 25 to 50 each, and the most expensive tie rod section is $109... close guess. How much time do you have to wrench on it when you're not working? You're probably further ahead to just let them do it. Oh, and change out ALL 4 ball joints, no sense in doing it half way. Bonus, the new joints SHOULD be greasable...

If you really want to be ignorant, I'd go down to the other dealer, with this service report in hand, and say here's the deal: You pay for the front end work, or you're getting the worst write up in the front page you've ever seen. It's the least you can do for screwing around for (however long) and not coming close to fixing the problem. And also send this information on to Ford main, as they I'm sure would love to know how bad they're being drug through the mud...

Congratulations! You may actually have a functional truck again!

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
you guys be nice now. its only funny til someones eye gets poked out.:D

i got an update: as it stands since 3:30 today; 4 injectors possibly more to come once its put back together and driven, inlet pipe leak(they are waiting for info. from ford on that one on what they will do for that), saw it on the firewall heat shield since the cab was up in the air (I GOT PHOTOS, just got to post them) egr replaced and not the cooler, headgaskets and drum roll please a new upgraded turbo?:sweet

that is all i could remember, the mech. seems like he knows his crap. younger fellow w/ hoops in both ear lobes.:eek: that is all he does is cab off repairs, head gaskets, head, egr, turbo, injectors, glow plugs etc. etc. he did say he did not even do any type of test, looking at my paperwork, and the drivability concerns he knew she was sick...:sweet

just an FYI: did anybody know that the newer trucks do not come w/ a hood liner and firewall heat shielding. he told me that today cuz i asked if the underliner was going to get replaced and the answer was a NO. i asked if they would clean it and he thought that was not a good idea cuz it could break down over time and crap could get into the engine. that is when he said the newer ones don't have them on them. said that i could just pop the xmas tree rivets and pull it off. probably do it i think, he said the whole under hood is painted so it should look new.:thumbs

as for the front end repairs probably gonna have them do it and go the route of a letter and meeting back w/ selling dealership for refund or a newspaper write up.:D

gonna go play outside w/ the kids be back later to put up the photos....:thumbs :thumbs

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
if you look closely you'll see a green truck with the rear end jacked up, looks like that one is getting some of the same treatment. my son is in the last shot pointing at the motor. sorry about the dark shot, flash did not go off. also promised the tech. i would not get his face, i wouldn't want him to get recognized and have everyone be callin him.:roflmao :roflmao

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Nice photos dude:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

I'm glad you're getting taken care of finally. I wouldn't even go back to the other dealership, nor would I worry about a newspaper article. It's one of those things I chalk up to life experiences. I would just erase that dealership from my memory and do all my business with the one you're at now. I'm sure there are other people just like you that have had problems with the other place, and what comes around goes around. If they handle their customers anyway close to the way they treated you, then in the years to come you're satisfaction will come from something better than a news paper article. You will have the joy of driving by an empty concrete jungle with weeds growing in its cracks. Drive your truck, enjoy it working like it should, then the hard part comes..... Your lease will be up and will be time to make the decision. If you do go with a new truck, then you know where to go to get it. I would even pay more money knowing it's going to good people. Always remember that even though you are having free service work done, the dealership is getting paid by Ford to fix the problem. You have been lining the other guys pockets and it's time to stop. I have never had a major problem with my truck that required warranty work, but what made me decide on MY dealership was the one time I had them change my oil with a ridiculous coupon I received. I looked under truck as I always do after I change the oil and saw the oil was dripping from the filter. The service manager in his suit ran, and I stress ran, into the shop grabbed a filter wrench and a rag and crawled under the truck in his suit and tightened the filter and wiped it clean. It's the only place I go now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64