SCT / Edge Attitude

KYmxracer52

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just bought my first diesel. Its a 2005 6.0 CC. It has a 5" MBRP turbo-back exhaust (no cat). I want to get a programmer for it, but can't decide which route to take. I have no experience in modding diesels, so I'm looking for you guys' help. I like the Edge Evolution II. Price is about $480 shipped. The main part I like is the monitor, so I don't have to buy so many gauges. I have been reading a lot of good things about the SCT programmers. If I went with SCT, could I use the Attitude monitor with it? I like the fact that I can get custom tunes built for my truck. I don't want to spend $800+ for something like the Platinum Juice. I'd like to keep the total package under $600 if possible. I know I may exceed that by a little, but its a goal to shoot for. The truck also has a 6" lift and 35's. This isn't going to be a "hotrod" truck. Its my daily-driver, so I want to keep it as reliable as possible. I hardly ever tow anything bigger than my 21' open bow boat, but may pull the occaisional farm gooseneck. I'm mainly looking for better fuel economy, and quicker acceleration. Being able to beat my brother's Duramax w/ Edge would be nice too!;tu

550roofer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i vote for SCT. i'm waiting for my X3. why not add 290 ft/trq!! who can beat that. also has on the fly among every other conceivable feature.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I'm running a Livewire in my 06 and I do like it. It hasnt made mileage suffer at all and I do think that there has been an increase (installed the SCT while using winter blend so I wont have good data until spring) in MPG. Power is better than good. I cant keep my 20's hooked up, from a dead stop, rolling start it doesnt matter, its instant tire smokage. But, be aware that if you beat on it with a programmer you will be doing more maintenance (some could be costly) than you want also.

dlonno

BeerHunter
Reaction score
So you can adjust on the fly with the SCT? Is this possible with the X3 or with the Livewire?

No you can't adjust on the fly with SCT. But, I would definately suggest the SCT with custom tunes. I couldn't believe the difference between the EDGE and SCT. Plus the SCT is better for your tranny.

KYmxracer52

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So does anyone know if I can use the Edge Attitude monitor w/ the SCT? If I go w/ SCT, what do I use for a EGT probe? The one SCT sells is over $200!!

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
EGT probes are not cheap, I am not sure if the EDGE Att. will play well with the SCT.

550roofer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
egt probe should be pretty generic. sct X3 has 2 analog input, so as long as the sensor module for the egt has an analog out put u should be fine.
my mechanic said the sct X3 has on the fly, maybe he is confused. it looks like it has lots of features, anyways, mine is still coming, let you know more when it's here

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58