SCT / Edge Attitude

KYmxracer52

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I really like the Evolution just because of the simplicity of the whole package. What do you mean by "SCT is better for your tranny"? How is this? Just curious, b/c I know nothing about either. The Edge comes with EGT probe, monitor and 3 tunes for $540 installed at my local LineX, or I can get it for $480 shipped, and do it myself. The SCT may be out of my price range goal if I do it, plus gauges, and EGT probe.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I downloaded the latest version off the edge site and have a tranny only plus the other 3 programs. It seems to work good enough for now but I plan on having DP tuners put some of his custum tunes on it.

KYmxracer52

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So DP can make new Edge tunes? Is the tranny only tune used along with the other 3 tunes also? What I'm trying to say,....is the tranny tune built in the regular tunes also, and you can still use tranny only if you don't want extra HP? Does that make any sense? lol If there is someone who can alter or make new Edge tunes, then I may have to go with them, just mainly for cost.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
So DP can make new Edge tunes? Is the tranny only tune used along with the other 3 tunes also? What I'm trying to say,....is the tranny tune built in the regular tunes also, and you can still use tranny only if you don't want extra HP? Does that make any sense? lol If there is someone who can alter or make new Edge tunes, then I may have to go with them, just mainly for cost.
DP used to sell Edges with his tunes on them. All the tunes on the edge can be fine tuned for shift points and tranny firmness, plus timing. The trans only is a stock tune.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i don't have one - yet - but i do believe when you buy the 'livewire' you get your choice of tunes. it is not just a blank tuner. the cost you pay is the cost for that too...

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got and installed my X3 today, and WOW, with the box stock tune its amazine. like said earlier, from a dead stop or a roll it will just smoke the rear tires. Trans shifts so much firmer. I love it.

dlonno

BeerHunter
Reaction score
You can get the SCT with custom tunes for $400 shipped. There strategy for the tranny is much gentler. Trust me I've had both . The Edge felt like gears breaking every shift, even on the easiest setting. SCT CUSTOM tunes blow friggin doors on Edge tunes.

lanceparker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought an SCT X2 from the guy I bought my 06 from and have been trying to figure it all out and have been testing out the 3 tunes on it. Problem I am having is that I didn't get the operation manual with is so all of the abbreviations in the programmer are like reading Chinese. I have been happy with the extra power and being able to correct my speedo with my 35's, are any of you guys noticing a mpg increase with it? Thus far the best tank I have gotten has been 15.0 mpg and that was with A LOT of coasting and I am averaging 12.6 or so. I don't have a custom tune loaded into the programmer right now, is there anywhere I can send the unit off to and have a MPG tune loaded into it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58