SES light

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I noticed when I almost floor it or floor it, the SES light comes on. I usually floor it when I want to get on to the highway or if someone in a lil car is makin me mad. As soon as I get up to speed and drive normally, the light will go off about 30sec to a min later. When the light is on, engine still sounds good, no noises or anything. Any ideas on what this is?

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
without a scanner you can never be positive diagnosis of those codes is easiest when you can monitor the sensors as the condition occurs.
Given that your problem is at WOT I'd hazard the wild guess that the error could be over boost or it could be ICP duty cycle error which would indicate low HPOP pressure.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
without a scanner you can never be positive diagnosis of those codes is easiest when you can monitor the sensors as the condition occurs.
Given that your problem is at WOT I'd hazard the wild guess that the error could be over boost or it could be ICP duty cycle error which would indicate low HPOP pressure.

a lot of times you'll get it running aggressive tunes in a stock HPOP.
Like Brandon said, it runs out of oil and throws an ICP code..

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Well I forgot to mention I did disconnect the wastegate. Wonder if its an overboost prob or close to it? Its never had wot, just i stand on it harder than usual sometimes.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even with the waste-gate disconnected, the MAP sensor can/will detect Over-boost, due to a heavy throttle demand.

I vote for.. Over-boost.. for the temporary CEL. And a possible HPOP pressure issue.. adding to it.

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58