SES light

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Scanned it, no codes. Of course when I scanned it the SES light wasnt on. Im just gonna run the checks on the glow plugs and relay. I started it this mornin, the light was on, then I cycled the plugs again and the light went out. Was normal. HAS to be the glowplug system.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
Scanned it, no codes. Of course when I scanned it the SES light wasnt on. Im just gonna run the checks on the glow plugs and relay. I started it this mornin, the light was on, then I cycled the plugs again and the light went out. Was normal. HAS to be the glowplug system.

scanned it with what?

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I cant remember what scanner it was, its my dads. It recognized my truck. We could watch the rpm's and map sensor stuff.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Ok I did the relay and glow plug test. I tested the relay and its puttin a little over 10.0 volts to the glow plugs. Its supposed to be 12v but I assume it takes a few volts to power the gp's? I also did an ohm check on my gp's. I get a consistant 0.6 to 0.7 ohm reading on all of them. So im assuming this is all ok? I mean I did some searchin on the net and the specs seem to be 0.8 to 1.28 ohms. Im wondering if I have another prob? I replaced the fuel filter during the summer time. Once my truck runs for a few minutes it runs great.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What weight oil are you running? Your GP's look good, with the exception of that one, showing 0.6 to 0.7. If it starts good you should be OK. Your comment about "Once my truck runs for a few minutes it runs great" leads me to ask about the oil weight. I had a problem with my truck and switched from 15W 40 to 5W 40 and now it starts great.

Dave

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
What weight oil are you running? Your GP's look good, with the exception of that one, showing 0.6 to 0.7. If it starts good you should be OK. Your comment about "Once my truck runs for a few minutes it runs great" leads me to ask about the oil weight. I had a problem with my truck and switched from 15W 40 to 5W 40 and now it starts great.

Dave

With some more searching I found some different specs for the ohm readings for the gp's and their minimum was .6 so I guess they are all ok. Yea Im runnin 15 40. I've been runnin it since I bought the truck and it was REALLY cold last yr and its never done this before. Just this yr its doin it so far. Sucks cause if thats really the reason, I just changed the oil less than 500 miles ago haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim