SES light

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Im not gonna worry about it too much, still starts normal, still runs great, and the light does go off. Just more annoying than anything seein that lil light on for about a min.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not gonna worry about it too much, still starts normal, still runs great, and the light does go off. Just more annoying than anything seein that lil light on for about a min.

;tu as long as it goes out each time.. yer Okay. If it ever stays on.. a code has been set and the PCM goes into a De-fuel mode (loss of power), in an attempt to decrease boost... until you erase the code or disconnect both batteries for about 20 minutes. (erases the code too)

Joe

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
;tu as long as it goes out each time.. yer Okay. If it ever stays on.. a code has been set and the PCM goes into a De-fuel mode (loss of power), in an attempt to decrease boost... until you erase the code or disconnect both batteries for about 20 minutes. (erases the code too)

Joe

Thanks Joe for the input. I will report back if it gets worse or somethin. So far so good. I dont punch it much since thats a lot of money rolling from the smoke stacks haha:D:sweet

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Ok new prob with the SES light. I've noticed if its cooler out, like 30 or below that, the ses light will come on while im cycling the wait to start light. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it wont. I cycle it once, and the truck will start everytime but if it sits for a few days, it has a lopeing idle for about 10 to 30secs, then will smooth out but it seems to be idling alot lower in rpm while the SES light is on. After about a min or two, the SES light goes out and imediately the idle will go back to normal. Now if im in a hurry and the SES light is still on and go to push on the pedal, I have to push it further to the floor to get the rpms to come up at all. But after a min of two, the idle comes back up and I get my normal throttle response. I havnt checked my GP system yet but thats what Im thinkin is goin on. Any thoughts??

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are using the wrong oil (15W 40) for the temperatures. Try changing to to 5W 40 and your cold start problems will magically disappear.

Dave

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Sounds like you are using the wrong oil (15W 40) for the temperatures. Try changing to to 5W 40 and your cold start problems will magically disappear.

Dave

Why would that cause the SES light to come on? Does it sense somethin goin on there?? I've always ran 1540 for over 2yrs and its just now doin it.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the connection to the SES light, if one exists. I do know about the rough running when first started and the 5W 40 will help that. Happy New Year!

Dave ;tu

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I don't know about the connection to the SES light, if one exists. I do know about the rough running when first started and the 5W 40 will help that. Happy New Year!

Dave ;tu

I bet I do..
I'm thinking it's got a bad ICP sensor (or at least a big slug of goo in the end of it)..

DUDE ! GET THE TRUCK SCANNED !!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim