Shimming the fpr?

JRJ04

Reaction score
would you have to change how much it is shimmed every time you change the setting on your chip to keep it right at or around 70?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would you have to change how much it is shimmed every time you change the setting on your chip to keep it right at or around 70?

No, the psi is mechanically set, by the initial shim(s) to 70 psi. The 70 doesnt change, and doesn't need to be changed..no matter what chip setting yer on. The Chip/Programmer does it's Whizo thing with Fuel Mapping (timing, kinda) with a base of 70 psi and running pressures of 65 to 70.

The only thing we're doing here, by shimming up the FPR is.. increasing the pressure to a [KNOWN], BETTER, HIGHER pressure.. than the stock press., which can be anywhere from 50 to 60 psi, at idle. (I've seen 45) And who knows how low, running/working hard.

Make any sense ??

Last edited:

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
by #4 stainless washer does that meen 4mm? or is it a standard size. The hardware store i was at only went down to #5 and it was very small. Thanks for the help.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big Duty- I'm not sure what the number on these particular washers means but I found some #4's at Radio Shack.

Those are the #4s I use. They fit TT, inside the sleeve but leave the orifice un-obstructed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14