Shimming the fpr?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Hopefully Joe, Lance or Bill will chime in with a picture or better description of the location for the gauge.

DA-HEAT

The First Stroker
Reaction score
on the obs 7.3, what is the result of fuel pressure after installing the california kit that is mentioned in the how to post.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the obs 7.3, what is the result of fuel pressure after installing the california kit that is mentioned in the how to post.

The result will be, On an OBS or 99+: A smoother, quieter idle and better throttle response.

During my Shadetree research (calling various IH service centers) None of the IH mechs/techs would .. SAY.. 70 psi is where the FP NEEDS to be. They just said 70 psi is better. Go Figure.

It's been my experience when you increase the fuel pressure, by what Ever method.. When you fire it up ? In a minute or so.. you can see the engine smooth out and hear it quiet down some. Cackle wise..

JMO but on a Good, Better, Best scale ? doing the FP increase AND the HPX line mod (equalizes the HP oil to the L & R oil rails) it'll put these 7.3s into the "Best" area of the scale. Cackle wise.. Throttle responce wise..

Other opinions may vary ?

:dunno

Last edited:

DA-HEAT

The First Stroker
Reaction score
The result will be, On an OBS or 99+: A smoother, quieter idle and better throttle response.

During my Shadetree research (calling various IH service centers) None of the IH mechs/techs would .. SAY.. 70 psi is where the FP NEEDS to be. They just said 70 psi is better. Go Figure.

It's been my experience when you increase the fuel pressure, by what Ever method.. When you fire it up ? In a minute or so.. you can see the engine smooth out and hear it quiet down some. Cackle wise..

JMO but on a Good, Better, Best scale ? doing the FP increase AND the HPX line mod (equalizes the HP oil to the L & R oil rails) it'll put these 7.3s into the "Best" area of the scale. Cackle wise.. Throttle responce wise..

Other opinions may vary ?

:dunno

Thank you so any ideas which is the best way to alter the fuel press. on an obs. The California kit from ford which will increase fp to what:confused: or the set screw and brass nut way that is adjustable I would assume adjustability for fine tuning it to the desired press. If I set it up to about 80-85 psi am I gonna explode my fuel cup:dizzy

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you so any ideas which is the best way to alter the fuel press. on an obs. The California kit from ford which will increase fp to what:confused: or the set screw and brass nut way that is adjustable I would assume adjustability for fine tuning it to the desired press. If I set it up to about 80-85 psi am I gonna explode my fuel cup:dizzy

Sorry but I would defer OBS, 7.3 tweaks to those who have them. Proprietary issues.;):lmao

Anybody ?????

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Joe, Lance or Bill will chime in with a picture or better description of the location for the gauge.

I have my FP gauge in the Cab, on a 4 gauge "A" pillar mount. Operated by fuel press but the gauge is operated by Coolant, via an Isolator. (a diaphram affair)(no fuel in the Cab if the gauge failed)

I like it there. Tells me Real Time things about Fp and also filter condition.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My fault for the confusion guys. I was meaning where do I hook the gauge into the fuel system. What type of fittings will I need?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14