Shopping for new HDTV

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I was looking for a HDTV today and I liked the Samsung 32" with a 8000 contrast ratio. I liked the picture better than the others that Best Buy had in the showroom.

Dave

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I did get the Samsung 32" HDTV and a DVD player. Now I am waiting on my Dish Network HD receiver/DVR. I love the picture. The tv is much bigger at home than in the store!

Dave

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Dave keep me posted about the receiver they install as I have Dish as well which will get upgraded.:sweet

We've went from the 42"-47" LCD's to the 50" LCD/Plasma units now,Samsung is really looking good!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
[Third try to post in this forum] I will let you know in a few days. I should have the Dish receiver then.

Dave

txastuff79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
father in law has a samsung 46" lcd 1080 dpi tv. love it. great picture quality. i have a 32" widescreen slim fit hdtv. love it also. mines a bulb though but still a great pic. havent had any probs with samsung is what i am trying to say. had a phillips bulb style 36" flat screen and was not impressed. sold it and got my 32 and have loved it ever since.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I got my HDTV Dish Network installed. The guy came out to re-aim my dish to 129 degrees (or what ever the number is in my location) to pick up the HD programs on Dish. I am very impressed with the quality of the pictures on all of the Dish HDTV channels. Some of the programming leaves a lot to be desired. But the reception is great. He had to re-locate one of my dishes to get a clear view of Satellite 129, and tied them all together electronically so I needed no Switches (SW 21) to run both of my TV's.

Dave

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Dave! I know Dish currently has like near 40 HDTV channels but they are really supposed to be ramping up the channels over the next 4-5 months:sweet

We're still shopping the larger 46+ Samsungs and Panasonics but in the meantime we upgraded our theatre sound system that will handle anything we dish at it in the coming years.

I was dead set on Yamaha but she(wifey) wanted Denon coupled with Boston speakers. She won:D :sweet

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Denon is good stuff. We have that brand installed in many of the homes by the AV guys.

Dave
One of the cool features about the high end Denon's like Yamaha's is that they're embedded with an XM receiver which I'll hopefully be setting up next week:music

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58