bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my Yamaha 7.1 DSP-A1...things sure have advanced since i bought it
about 7yrs ago...and im still kind of kicking myself for NOT
having gone w/ the upgradable B & K Components

Reaction score
Bill,

You might look at purchasing the TV you decide on online. That's what we will be doing. A lot places (Amazon being one) are advertising free shipping, and you will save a ton on taxes!!!:sly

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Bill,

You might look at purchasing the TV you decide on online. That's what we will be doing. A lot places (Amazon being one) are advertising free shipping, and you will save a ton on taxes!!!:sly
We're keeping all the options open but having extended warranty service available is a plus!:sweet

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bill,

This is what we bought this year. We just got our Direct TV HD DVR and 5 LBN dish hooked up a few weeks back, (looks like we could be talking to the space shuttle :roflmao ). Direct TV is going to be adding 80 to 90 HD channels by Christmas according to the installer!

Love the picture, watched Monday night football this week on espn hd. What a picture! :sweet Cheerleaders the best part of the game..............but I digress. :rolleyes: Also watched Cliff Hanger on HD last night! :sweet

I have always had great luck with Sony. However, I also had to buy a new 5 piece entertainment center for it, (there went my new wheels :doh: ).

If I remember, i can get a pic of the entertainment center and TV. For a reference.

Good luck in what ever choice.

Barrett

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I'm still looking and looking but it pretty much comes down to the big branders:sweet

Last week the wife selected a 9' Long x 6'.5" wall unit/entertainment center to house the HDTV (up to 54") it has glass shelves,drawers,media center,lights and all that stuff:D

Just like when we first got the Diesel bug now we have the AV bug:rolleyes:

Did you get the Extended service plans with the Bravia?

The AVS Discussion forums has proven to be very helpful too! Thanks Mike!:notworthy

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a Samsung 50" DLP HD-TV and love it. :sweet I looked at 'em all and compared it to a Samsung LCD, I liked the DLP better, better picture and cheaper...

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man the TV is the easy part...just the damm furniture thats killin' me...
wife says you get new flat screen...its goin' on something NICE...
man i kinda miss the days of cinderblock & wood shelves....

Entertainment Center

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
They have near 20 year expected life but if I get 10 years out of a good TV hey I'm happy!:D

10 years? We had a TV in the family room go belly up last month that was around 14 years old and I was -mad Dang things cost too much to only last a few years. The one we have in the living room is about 12 years old and I hope it lasts another 20 because it takes three guys just to lift it ;) By the way what is HDTV? :roflmao

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58