Shopping for new vehicle security system for the X

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
If you can feed and put up with their lazy butts, they are yours.

Tyler though might say otherwise. He LOVES his Kyra Dog and Vic Dog and they kinda like him too.

jpxj94

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have the prestige 996A 2 way remote start system and I like it. Only thing I dont like is sometime it goes off when remote started and still armed, so I just disarm it and then start. Good range and I love the 2 way pager thing. 2 way is the way to go for sure.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have to agree about the two way....
As part of every new vehicle negotiation ever since I first had a remote start... once I think I've gotten all outta the that I can :) I get them to toss in a remote start...
So I've had remote starts on the last batch of cars and Ex's :)
while all had more features than I ever used, haven't gotten one with two way communication and always wonder if the truck started when I was not in line of sight to SEE the lights come on..

The two way is the only feature I wish I had !!!
of all the other neat features on mine, the only one I've used other than the plain jane remote start is the turbo cool down... and I only used that ONCE :)
so features don't really blo my skirt any more :)

(Remember the North Tex PS club meet at prestige when some were leaning on the bull bar on the 03 Ex and I hit the remote ??? Thought I was gonna be lynched :) )
a lot of the big box electronic stores have the remotes now too...
like Fry's, best buy, etc...

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
wildman
under 300 installed

bill the dei stuff has pagers as options, look like a smal cell phone, shows status and a whole bunch of other stuff

th eonly thing i dislike about my fob is.....
i have on several occasions started teh truck by accident, like leaning over the fender and all the sudden the key comes on,
or sitting in the house and all the sudden she starts up... fob was in wifes purse and something was sitting on the button :D

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
boater, can you pm the info on where it was installed and the model number etc, etc, thanks!

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
twildman said:
boater, can you pm the info on where it was installed and the model number etc, etc, thanks!
you got mail

"Yeah the driver door key cylinder was he-manned via screwdriver to gain entry and remove the stereo. The laptop,radio communications equipment,Satellite radio receiver was untouched

It's now in the hands of the detective division at PD "

bill
i disconnected the door lock cyclinders. you can jamm em all day long and no unlocky :D :D

at least it will slow em down some, or force em to resort to break a window or :dunno :D

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm watching this thread...so what are the real benefits of 2way ? is it
that you have confirmation of the truck started / running ? anything else ?

Whats the possiblity of doing this install myself ? are instructions included ?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
bushpilot said:
I'm watching this thread...so what are the real benefits of 2way ? is it
that you have confirmation of the truck started / running ? anything else ?
yes and it even tells you it just got stolen, anf if the gps tracker is added it will tell you where its going and what speed, but thats a seperate service rider, it will also tell you if its been tripped or bumped but not opened, status .
Whats the possiblity of doing this install myself ? are instructions included ?
you can do the install yourself its pretty straight forward.....however dei will not honor the warranty if its a DIY install

GPS
communicator
prices

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr