Shopping for new vehicle security system for the X

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
On a side note:

If you do not install the siren with the alarm, and have remote paging on your alarm then it gives you time to get your gun while the thief is still in the truck. Provided its after dark it will be legal to shoot him. In Texas anyway.

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
On a side note:

If you do not install the siren with the alarm, and have remote paging on your alarm then it gives you time to get your gun while the thief is still in the truck. Provided its after dark it will be legal to shoot him. In Texas anyway.

Sorry to hear that CHP was it at your home? I am glad they diddn't do a number on all the electronics and interior. Sounds like drug heads needing something to sell. I agree with Whata. I would have the same system that the Dallas Police use in their decoy cars. GPS from a pc, Remote Kill, Doors lock and will not open. You let them out, they make a move, Bam...Bam....Bam.... You got to use your alarm and your gun permit all at one time, what a stress reliever. Heck I would even take it back to where the original offense occured. You may get lucky and get the same person.

Of course I don't have a handgun permit for that reason. so maybe just let GOD deal with those druggies. :thumbs

I have a Code Alarm that has the remote start but not any of the paging features you want. Let us know what your selection was.

DZL_X_4x4

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Yeah the uneducated dropout losers hit our truck at the totally unsecured(No CCTV or security) East Plano Costco in broad daylight.
Plano PD told me that vehicles get hit in the lot everyday,guess it was my turn this time around :rolleyes:

After the necessary upgrades get done they'll wish they never thought about our truck:cop

Damage to the door and the stereo gone is meaningless to us,all I was concerned about is that the truck starts,runs and drives period:sweet

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
On a side note:

Legal? Yes

But the litigation that will ensue will make you wish you had not. Every bullet has a lawyer attached and a very high paid one. I am VERY pro-gun, but to shoot over insured property is a very poor idea. Legality at this time will not protect you from a Civil Suit. Though there is a push for civil protection to be added, I still doubt it would cover this situation. Now, the thugs show any inclination to harm my family or me or enter my home. It is on like Donkey Kong and the copper jacketed Gold Dot hollow points will fly.:D

Just my .02 worth.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Fire1 said:
Legal? Yes
Now if the theif comes at you with a knife,gun or other threatening manner you can take him out as your life is in true danger (that comes from a police officer);)

The PO was stating how the book is written here in Texas and not his opinion.

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Now if the theif comes at you with a knife,gun or other threatening manner you can take him out as your life is in true danger (that comes from a police officer);)

My point of letting him out, legally you must be in fear of eminent danger before you can shoot, when he comes flying out you can assume he is not going to stop at any cost of bodily injury to you or your family. Heck I seen them go after uniformed armed Officers on TV. CHP won't know what drugs the criminal is on. Unless the criminal comes out hands on head and onto his knees till the police arrive, otherwise I consider that an act of aggression and do whatever necessary to protect my family and myself. :guns: :guns: :guns: heck here in Texas if you drive towards an officer trying to flee they will shoot you. The officers don't know if your intention is to kill them or flee, they just shoot you and say you were trying to hurt them. Learn from the best!

Yes, the lawyers have totally screwed up the Civil Courts and the judges and juries let them. Hell look at all the frivilous lawsuits, police get sued all the time for being to "aggressive" with these punks. But thats another thread.

Today that Bummm broke into a parked car, tomorrow he will be doing armed car-jackings maybe taking a hostage with him. We live in Dallas, Texas. God Bless Texas and the NRA.:tex

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think its the COURTS that have brought this on...if anything its
the MEDIA & the "general" public is tired of cops pushing the limits <too far>

the opertunistic lawyers are ASSISTED by the media.

if i shoot someone for trying to steal (or having stolen) my stuff i WONT
leave a witness to testify against me <and you shouldnt leave one either>.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Security system wise it's narrowing down to the Clifford Matrix & Viper Responder.I'm off to the installer today to get more information on options,future upgrades,etc:sweet

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Security system wise it's narrowing down to the Clifford Matrix & Viper Responder.I'm off to the installer today to get more information on options,future upgrades,etc:sweet

So no Trunk Monkey? Oh well, it'll be your loss...

CHPMustang

Reaction score
jvencius said:
So no Trunk Monkey? Oh well, it'll be your loss...
I could apply a couple decals warning trunk monkey equipped:D -popcorn

I haven't forgotten your suggestion John ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58