so according to ford it is normal for this engine to make its own oil?

bushman134

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it is. All the EPA crap does this to our trucks. Hurts the motor and gives lousy mileage. DPF and CAT delete and tuner are the only way to fix it. A mild tune will not hurt the truck and deleting will only make it last longer.

JRJ04

Reaction score
Unfortunately it is. All the EPA crap does this to our trucks. Hurts the motor and gives lousy mileage. DPF and CAT delete and tuner are the only way to fix it. A mild tune will not hurt the truck and deleting will only make it last longer.

well i certainly dont have lousy mileage...

i think its not as bad on the 2011's as it is on the 08-10s because we use def now. but still a problem?

Ghost Exp.

Ghost
Reaction score
my 08 F-350 also had 4L extra in the pan the last oil change an also runns the regen almost every time i drive it. it does see alot of city driving as i have a landscapping company i put the edge cs evolution on but haven't got to the dpf delete yet does a tuner with no dpf delete pipe mess things up?

pubs34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the tuner has shut off the regen cycle then eventually you will plug things up. Not sure about your tuner but my Spartan has different tunes that will run with the regen cycle not hurting the cat/dpf. If you just run the tuner and a dpf delete pipe then same thing, eventually you will plug the cat.

Veece

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Always been adding 15qt and it reads slightly above the stick. All this talk makes me want to measure the amount I drain out every time.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this

Injector O-Rings
A TSB has been published on the Ford 6.4L diesel injectors concerning the premature wear of the injector O-rings. The O-rings prevent diesel fuel from leaking out of the fuel system and into the crankcase. This leaking into the crankcase creates oil levels to rise and damages the engine.

This could be the same problem the 6.7 are having.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58