Spitting coolant all over the engine

White Buffalo

TDP Pit crew
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the info. The truck wound up needing new head gaskets and a new cap for the reservior. He also bought the stronger aftermarket head bolts to handle the banks kit better. Everything seems to working fine the last week or so.

Last edited:

KingRancher

2004 F-250 King Ranch FX4
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
i am just wondering why everybody thinks this is a banks related problem, from what i have heard, some stock 6.0's have puked also. they could puke with any kind of tuner, programmer, or chip, right ?

Yes, bama most of the 04 6.0L PSD's had a head gasket TSB they are weak to begin with add banks=blown Head gaskets. Hey white did your buddy need any other recalls I know there is a ebp sensor recal for the 04 6's and a injector wire harness recall also, along with some reflashes that hepled my turbo lag ALOT!!!

White Buffalo

TDP Pit crew
Reaction score
KingRancher said:
Yes, bama most of the 04 6.0L PSD's had a head gasket TSB they are weak to begin with add banks=blown Head gaskets. Hey white did your buddy need any other recalls I know there is a ebp sensor recal for the 04 6's and a injector wire harness recall also, along with some reflashes that hepled my turbo lag ALOT!!!

I'll check with him on that. I'm pretty sure he new about the ebp sensor, but not so sure about the injector wire harness. Thanks!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
KingRancher said:

hey KRr, i had the recall done for the ebp and the harness, never got one for the head gaskets or turbo lag, how do they base the recall, do they just recall certain VIN's or all across the board.

and, still, don't you think that other add ons that are not banks would do the same thing? i have banks on my truck, and i am not trying to defend them, but they are not the only ones out there that produce upgrades for our trucks.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
03bighossf250 said:
If it only spits when on speed loader and to the floor. If you turn it down can you still drive it.....

mine hasn't puyked now in a long time, i think maybe they overfilled it some, but have had no other problems, i keep it on 6 all the time when not pulling my trailer, and the speed loader is on all the time in any level.

i am not loosing water or any other fluids. my service manager told me that he has seen several trucks that will puke out the degaus bottle because of the increase in internal pressures (something like that), and it occured no matter what kind of tuner you had.

one thing that confuses me, is that everybody thinks that it only occurs with the banks stuff, and others say that banks is overrated and that tuners like SCT are so much better, well, have others 6.0's puked that had a SCT tuner on it? i don't know, thats my question. that is what i would like to know.

is it the tuner that does that all by itself with no other mods, OR, does it happen when you add everything together, LIKE, bigger IC, bigger boost tubes, air filter upgrade, exhaust.

does it take the combonation of all the mods or only the addition of a tuner by itself? :dunno

03bighossf250

Da Man
Reaction score
So yours did the same thing to? Mine doesnt blow white smoke like a blown head gasket would do. What level do you run you coolant? I'm going to try and turn mine down so i can hopefully pull my trailer to bike week in SC. :confused:

03bighossf250

Da Man
Reaction score
one thing that confuses me, is that everybody thinks that it only occurs with the banks stuff, and others say that banks is overrated and that tuners like SCT are so much better, well, have others 6.0's puked that had a SCT tuner on it? i don't know, thats my question. that is what i would like to know.

I cant say enough how inpressed with Banks I'm so impressed that 3 other guys at my work have it on their trucks now after going for a ride in mine. Now thats impressive.:thumbs

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
03bighossf250 said:
So yours did the same thing to? Mine doesnt blow white smoke like a blown head gasket would do. What level do you run you coolant? I'm going to try and turn mine down so i can hopefully pull my trailer to bike week in SC. :confused:

when it gets serviced, they fill it to the minimum fill line. don't take this the wrong way, but i still have a hard time believing your dyno numbers.

i got some infor from banks in the mail this weekend and they had a graph showing stock numbers for the 6.0 verses the numbers after the 6gun and speed loader was installed, it was almost excactly the same as my HP improvements, my TRQ #'s were about 40 points higher. so i am having a hard time understanding why yours are about 100hp more.

could it have been the type of dyno maybe ?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
03bighossf250 said:
I cant say enough how inpressed with Banks I'm so impressed that 3 other guys at my work have it on their trucks now after going for a ride in mine. Now thats impressive.:thumbs

don't get me wrong big hoss, i love my banks stuff too, maybe alittle pricey, but you get the whole shabang, thats what i like.

i too have been very impressed, kinda wished i went ahead and got the PDA, may still change over someday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58