Spitting coolant all over the engine

03bighossf250

Da Man
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
when it gets serviced, they fill it to the minimum fill line. don't take this the wrong way, but i still have a hard time believing your dyno numbers.

i got some infor from banks in the mail this weekend and they had a graph showing stock numbers for the 6.0 verses the numbers after the 6gun and speed loader was installed, it was almost excactly the same as my HP improvements, my TRQ #'s were about 40 points higher. so i am having a hard time understanding why yours are about 100hp more.

could it have been the type of dyno maybe ?
It might have been the Dyno but i was going to run it again this weekend till this head gasket thing now i'm worried. Pricey mistake. If i get a chance to run it i'll let you know the new numbers. So you dont think i have anything to worry about with the coolant?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
03bighossf250 said:
It might have been the Dyno but i was going to run it again this weekend till this head gasket thing now i'm worried. Pricey mistake. If i get a chance to run it i'll let you know the new numbers. So you dont think i have anything to worry about with the coolant?

i wouldn't have any poblem if it was me, but you do what you think is best.

PainTrain

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
one thing that confuses me, is that everybody thinks that it only occurs with the banks stuff, and others say that banks is overrated and that tuners like SCT are so much better, well, have others 6.0's puked that had a SCT tuner on it? i don't know, thats my question. that is what i would like to know.

is it the tuner that does that all by itself with no other mods, OR, does it happen when you add everything together, LIKE, bigger IC, bigger boost tubes, air filter upgrade, exhaust.

does it take the combonation of all the mods or only the addition of a tuner by itself? :dunno

I have the SCT XCAL with custom tune and mine pukes also. It really pukes when I get on it for an extended period of time. But then again it also puked out of the resevoir when it was stock. I asked the tech at my tuning shop and they said that with any chip the coolant overflow will puke due to increased pressure from the extra power. Im sure that it is not the head gaskets because the truck is not leaking excess oil and runs perfect. I only have one complaint....I can't seem to keep tires on the back of it:burnit

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
hmm...

Mine has never puked, with either the predator or the SCT, pulling some very heavy stuff like
<<<this up some decent grades.

Last edited:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
royfordguy said:
Mine has never puked, now using SCT, was using pred, never puked. And I pull heavier than most.
Pull this
<<<<<
up a nice grade
no puking

i glad for ya roy, hope it never does, but it is kinda confusing to say the least.:confused:

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
i glad for ya roy, hope it never does, but it is kinda confusing to say the least.:confused:
Fixed it for ya Stephen.:D
You are right , it didn't make sense.:thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58