Stand clear while venting. !*#*&$#! Truck!

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
My fuel pressure pegs out to around 90psi two to three times per week on initial startup in the morning.:dunno When I turn the key on it goes past 80 and I cycle the key again and it's back to it's normal 67 or so. I've been through the regulator twice since I had my bad load of fuel that got the filter housing nasty.

I plan on just watching it closely and doing a regulated return system when I am able to. Thought about doing the rebuild kit. Do you all think the trash that Scott and I found in the filter housing damaged the FPR?

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Thanks guys, The spring was ****-eyed. Pressure is now at 55-60 psi. I'll shim it later. I've been working at least 14 hour days lately so My time will be spent doing other things.

Scott

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
sagebel said:
Thanks guys, The spring was ****-eyed. Pressure is now at 55-60 psi. I'll shim it later. I've been working at least 14 hour days lately so My time will be spent doing other things.

Scott

Darned glad to hear it. 55-60 psi is, unfortunately, normal for a stock FPR, so you are okay there.

Joe, thanks for the post. I had no idea that the factor of safety on these things was so tiny. It seems something designed to run 70 PSI ought to be able to handle 100 PSI on a peak load basis. Strange.

Oh, and CHP, I re-read my post and it sounds like i might have been being a jerk. I wasn't, just in case you thought so. Sometimes I am not nearly as eloquent as i need to be. :sorry :D I ended up getting 4 stitches in my left hand yesterday, so i was a bit ornery, and I think it showed through in my posts...

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Hoss 350 said:
Oh, and CHP, I re-read my post and it sounds like i might have been being a jerk. I wasn't, just in case you thought so. Sometimes I am not nearly as eloquent as i need to be. :sorry :D I ended up getting 4 stitches in my left hand yesterday, so i was a bit ornery, and I think it showed through in my posts...
Worry not,stitches aren't no fun,been there done that;)
Since the weekend is upon us perhaps the hand will get some time to heal up fine:sweet

Bill :cowboy:

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Worry not,stitches aren't no fun,been there done that;)
Since the weekend is upon us perhaps the hand will get some time to heal up fine:sweet

Bill :cowboy:
With the proper application of medication (read, Canadian-Blend whiskey) I am sure I will heal up in no time flat...:D

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem Hoss. Thats what this Site is all about. Share'n Stuff. I'm no authority on any thing. Everything I think I know, I'v lernt (yes Lernt) by bust'n my knuckles'n scar'n up my forarms;)

I'm not that eloquent either... Hope everbody knows that, too:D

JOE

Car_nut57

Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
My fuel pressure pegs out to around 90psi two to three times per week on initial startup in the morning.:dunno When I turn the key on it goes past 80 and I cycle the key again and it's back to it's normal 67 or so. I've been through the regulator twice since I had my bad load of fuel that got the filter housing nasty.

I plan on just watching it closely and doing a regulated return system when I am able to. Thought about doing the rebuild kit. Do you all think the trash that Scott and I found in the filter housing damaged the FPR?
I picked up a bad load of fuel a few years ago and had all kinds of trouble with the fuel pressure regulator. Finally I installed a pre-pump filter and water separator. The stock system does not filter the fuel returning to the tank from the FPR so any debris in the fuel has to pass through it or settle in the bottom of the bowl. Here is what I ended up doing http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/ford_fuel The Wix filter set-up has been serving me well ever since and eliminated the problems I had with bad fuel and pressure fluctuations.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg