Still running rough, dealership is CLUELESS!!

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they dont have to prove anything...all they have to do is ARGUE w/ you
til the point most give in or go away...

i dont blame tx for getting the truck and gettin' the hell outta there...its
not worth the fight...id have laughed at the guy and then told 'em how
other dealerships have worked on it no problem...

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
so if your truck has window tints they wont fix the window motors if they went out because the tints screw it up.:roflmao what bs. They probly wont fix suspension problems if you have after market rims too.

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
Just curious, you never mentioned when it started? What Mods where recently installed? Anyone work on it in those weeks? Did you run it out of Fuel? Also do you check the codes cold and warmed up. I think the PCM can clear some codes automatically. I would check the codes cold then hot. I would check the code on a night you didn't plug it in and a night you did plug it in. I know I changed the Fuel Filter this weekend and the X missed something fierce until I drove it around for a while. The next 2 days I parked on a incline facing up one night and down the next just incase it had to "Burp" some air out of the fuel rails (don't know if it works but sounded good to me:D ). Sounds like you may have an air pocket somewhere in the oil/fuel rail. BTW I am not a mechanic, just trying to help a fellow X'r.

Let me know, I am very curious.

Dzl_X_4x4

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
Well, they scared off TexasExcursion, so I guess they don't have to prove anything.

Dave

Oooh, ouch. That hurts the ego. New dealer + excuses + voided warranty threat = find somewhere else (in my book, anyway).

dzl_x_4x4 said:
Just curious, you never mentioned when it started? What Mods where recently installed? Anyone work on it in those weeks? Did you run it out of Fuel? Also do you check the codes cold and warmed up. I think the PCM can clear some codes automatically. I would check the codes cold then hot. I would check the code on a night you didn't plug it in and a night you did plug it in. I know I changed the Fuel Filter this weekend and the X missed something fierce until I drove it around for a while. The next 2 days I parked on a incline facing up one night and down the next just incase it had to "Burp" some air out of the fuel rails (don't know if it works but sounded good to me:D ). Sounds like you may have an air pocket somewhere in the oil/fuel rail. BTW I am not a mechanic, just trying to help a fellow X'r.

Let me know, I am very curious.

Dzl_X_4x4

Problem has been going on for over a year. Very noticeable when I didn't plug it in during the winter, but started to act up during the warm summer months this year. No correlation between this problem and any modifications installed (believe me, I checked). Have already done all the common sense stuff of changing fuel filters, oil filters, oil, etc. Have checked the codes quite a bit, but have never compared them cold versus hot. Will do that this weekend.

All I know is that it's not something simple or it would've been caught by now. Lucky me, my battery light came on tonight so I've yet another reason to bring it in for service. Just replaced the alternator over Labor Day weekend. Ain't this great?

I'll keep you all posted when I hear from the dealer. I'm asking for a compression test and check the coolant for exhaust gases. Keep your fingers crossed.

Bruce

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Got a call from the dealer today saying that the #4 injector was "lazy" and needed replacing under warranty. To my non-diesel smart mind, this makes sense, but what do you all think? Would a bad injector make it run rough when cold but smooth out when at operating temp?

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
bruce:
i had the same problem. an injector was bad and they replaced it and w/ all the other issues(head gasket, turbo, glow plugs, exhaust gaskets,etc) then they rechecked injectors again and replaced them all due to being too low a readings. my uneducated diesel mechanic backwards thinking says you got the same issues i had (same year gremlins). didn't you also have turbo issues or was that someone else? any knews on the coolant leakage?

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
I'm happy to report that the problem is fixed. I found a competant dealership that took the time to properly diagnose and fix the problem (Village Ford, Pine Bush, NY). Their first step was to reprogram the PCM with the new program that cycles the injectors after the truck is shut down to empty the oil out of the injectors. Didn't fix the problem. They then found two more bad injectors, replaced them and retested. Problem fixed.

Given that I've had about 9 injectors replaced, my cousin suggested I call Ford's diesel special services desk. He bought an 03 lemon and had great success dealing with them. Even though my truck is fixed, I want to see what they'll do for me once the truck is out of warranty given the problems I've had with injectors and turbos.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
Bruce-
so are you saying they re-did the latest recall program? or just to re-boot the computer system? glad to hear you found a dealership who cares, doesn't it make you sleep better.... how long has it been since you had it in to them?? that is are you sure it is fixed? for what you've been thru i hope so.

jolson

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What dealership in NY. I am also having trouble with my 03.They are cluelee also ( Monroe Ford)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58