Still wandering

TEXF350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well mine is doing the same thing but i have a lift and stuff ... so i figured it was normal and **** you know ... but i can fix it .. even with the lift ...? lol ... thats kinda one subject that slacked on lol ...was reading in other thread that ...you can pre load the steering box and i dont have any new syspention componits does that matter ...if i get the box re preloaded ... ? ... ok thanks guys ... :dunno

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well mine is doing the same thing but i have a lift and stuff ... so i figured it was normal and **** you know ... but i can fix it .. even with the lift ...? lol ... thats kinda one subject that slacked on lol ...was reading in other thread that ...you can pre load the steering box and i dont have any new suspension components does that matter ...if i get the box re preloaded ... ? ... ok thanks guys ... :dunno

Doing a "Lift", in it's self, is new suspension components and can (does) change the geometry.

And Tires: Tires are often overlooked when the dam thing won't go strait.. down the road...... Bigger, Smaller, Wider, Narrower... tread design.... aggressive, non directional, M/S, A/T. Construction: number of ply's, type of ply's (nylon, rayon, steel) load range, rubber compounds (Brand specific), Radial, Bias, sip or no sip (sic?), balance method, and last but not least ?.. Tire Pressure(s) ?

ALL the above can, and does.. have an effect on Front End Alignment (geometry). And the often overlooked, Steering box pre-load.

Joe

A HINT ? If you don't wana tackle the Pre-load thing yerself (and it shouldn't be taken lightly).. Many Front End shops that specialize in Custom Suspensions might do it for you. :dunno

Last edited:

TEXF350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
went to a few places around town for this issue and they all told me the same thing liek how yall said i would get told go to the dealer ...but its really bothering me ...:doh: so i am planning to go to them and see what they say .. ill keep yall pasted if any one can find out how to diy it .. i would like to do that .. but i just really need a alliment and every thing any ways ... to many mudding days ...:dizzy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14