stolen truck

BIGYELLOW

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, what is the easiest way to disable a 05 diesel other than the starter or ignition. Truck had a 600 dollar alarm installed and the theieves went through that like butter.:(

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow sorry to hear about the loss. Don't really know of good disabling systems. Figured with a 600.00 alarm it would have come with the engine disable system on it. Sweet lookin picture. Kid down the street has a four seater one. Somebody will be along to give some advise on a good alarm. I still have the factory one. When did it go missing? Hope they find it.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what alarm ? where was it parked ? what did they GET ?
did they MOVE the truck ?

parking gear / brake switch interlock (on the brake pedal)
will keep 'em from pulling the truck into gear....

jimmi jambers, and disable the door tumblers/locks might slow
'em down some more...but id have THOUGHT the blinking alarm
light might have given 'em reason to pass on your truck (and mine)
and move on to one w/OUT an alarm !

Reaction score
Well i have ignition interlock system on my truck. It is the only thing that kept the guys from stealing my truck last october. Guess they couldn't figure out how to use the breathalyzer. Get one of them installed if ya think its worth the 70 bucks a month.

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know if this would work for you but years ago I did a set up after I was broken into. In short I spliced into the electric fuel pump and run the wires neatly up the factory wire loom to the back of my dash. I took out the lighter and gutted the socket then put a push on/push off switch deep in the opening then covered it with the lighter. That way you have to pull the lighter out and stick your finger in the hole and push the switch to run the pump and when you park it you just push it off and cover it back up. That way it will only run for a few seconds and wont go anywhere.

Scot

;()
Reaction score
I was thinking of using a upfitter switch to disable mine, maybe 2, say #1&4 must be on & each would disable a different system if off. Any alarm system will be a joke to a professional. Alarms only stop amateurs thieves. You need to come up with your own so they don't know what they're looking for.

Sorry, that sucks.

:sorry

BIGYELLOW

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
They stole the truck at the local metro park and ride(1960@I45). They got it on video but they say they can not do any thing about it. They stole truck by using a screw driver to turn lock on driver door. Once inside they got under dash they unplugged alarm brain(DID NOT CUT A SINGLE WIRE UNDER THE DASH) then used something to break key switch and away they went. That was at 11:04am friday, they found on 610 loop by mccardy drive at 1:00am saturday morning. Only thing left inside truck was dash and steering wheel. Also took frontend, bumper, grille, towhooks, headlights, they even put an old grille and headlights on front with tape to dump the truck, had a bucket inside to drive on to dump truck on road. Had top of the line viper alarm with starter kill, motion sensor, glass break sensor, valet start, but shows that did not help.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
son of a b ! its getting so i dont wanna drive mine...this is STUPID !
sounds a bit like an inside job though...id be looking at the alarm installer...
i thought if you pulled the brain on the alarm the starter relay (cut wires)
would not TRIGGER !?!

BIGYELLOW

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well I can not look at the installer because I installed it because that is what I use to do for a living, and I know what race stole it because the radio was still on 102.9 super mex. and the relay for the starter kill is normally closed. if you undo brain the relay closes

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
put a pinaple under the seat with the pin out. just have to remember to put it back in when you get back. might not help you (however satisfing) but it will help all the victoms that have yet to be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58