stolen truck

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put you a sat of the class #8 air ride seats in that thing. They would look real good in there.:thumbs :thumbs

Flopster843

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey flopster, your link for the glass coating didnt work. do you have another one, and about how much does this stuff cost?

I can't get it to work either now. Not sure what's up. We've had the same piece of glass on that tractor for well over 10 years now, the stuff is about $15 per square foot. It's just a plastic laminate that you stick on the window, just like window tint. All bullet proof glass is made out of it. Just that bullet proof glass is made of many layers. But just one layer on a truck will keep somebody from breaking the glass easily. The company is ACE Security Laminates.

I found some videos of the laminates here and here.

EDIT: I found a working web-page. Glass and Window Protection and Security by ACE Security Laminates

Last edited:

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
they dont break the windows getting into our trucks...

Your getting old like me Bushpilot:tounge . We mentioned earlier to leave the lock disconnected from the key/tumbler as a form of security. I said that they may breakout a window like they do on the other vehicle and there is not really a 100% way to protect it. One of the reasons they use the door lock, besides the obvious, is because windows are noisey and more noticable if someone walks by or a patrolman happens to drive by.

off topic: I think you and I are tied for the "Lucky" award. When they broke into the X, I was leaving the Tax office. I had all of my familys personal information with me. Thank the Lord for small miracles:hail

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your getting old like me Bushpilot:tounge . We mentioned earlier to leave the lock disconnected from the key/tumbler as a form of security. I said that they may breakout a window like they do on the other vehicle and there is not really a 100% way to protect it. One of the reasons they use the door lock, besides the obvious, is because windows are noisey and more noticable if someone walks by or a patrolman happens to drive by.

off topic: I think you and I are tied for the "Lucky" award. When they broke into the X, I was leaving the Tax office. I had all of my familys personal information with me. Thank the Lord for small miracles:hail

Dam...am gonna try that!....crossed fingers !!!!!!!

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
As common as it is to just "jimmy" the locks in SD's not everyone knows about that, The idiot who broke into my truck sure as heck didn't he just smashed in the drivers door window, and stole my Banks PDA, bu instead pf unplugging it, the Dumb A**, just yanked on stuff untill the wires broke.

On top of that, I had over $1000 worth of tools and the such plus GPS and a handheld HAM radio (all worth more than the PDA) that he didn't even touch. Maybe my alarm scared him off, or maybe it was me running out to my truck when the alarm pager went off, with a 9mm in my hand. Either way the scumbag got away, I never saw him, and cost me lots of money.

People like that just PISS ME OFF:cussing: -mad :cussing:

txastuff79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after having my truck broke into at my apartment complex, i had to take action. they attempted to drill the lock out... but quit in the process and somewhere along the way just broke the outer handle assy to get to the rod. even with a vibration detector and viper system, it was fair game to the theives. luckily, i didn't have anything to take accept the truck itself which they didnt get.

i hard wired a tiny switch to my starter solenoid. took the factory harness apart and hid the wires in there so it all looks factory. hid the switch in the cab of course where i can reach but nobody has ever commented on what im doing so i dont think anyone that rides with me has figured out im flipping a switch. thought about doing one for the fuel pump as well. takes time to hide it in the factory harness but well worth it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64