Superduty Question

acorn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi guys..... new to this forum. I'm a duramax owner thats looking at purchasing a new Superduty. I've been lurking and doing my homework on the new purchase, but keep hearing about this Job #1, 2 or 3 thats listed on the window stickers. Some people say to stay away from Job #1 and 2's for whatever reason. They want Job #3's. Pardon my ignorance, but what gives? What exactly is this Job thing related too and if it is important, which is the best. Thanks for the advice guys.

Fine69

Reaction score
First, Welcome to the site! The Job #1,2,3 refers to running changes Ford made during the model year. When the first design is built, it's called a Job #1. If something is changed, or a new option added, they start Job#2, and so on. Job #3 is merely the most up to date version built. People stay away from Job#1 trucks because some trucks had problems with leaking radiators. Good luck with whatever truck you buy, and come back often.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
yep. I'd say that video did more to stimulate the sales of any leftover '06s still on dealer lots than any incentive or financing offer...

Reaction score
i'd specifically ask for the flame thrower option. If you think black smoke gets their attention wait till they see that.

acorn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys.... I think I'll pass on the flamethrower option though. What are the latest complaints, if any with with the latest trucks or has Ford pretty much got the problems straightened out with the Job 3 trucks.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys.... I think I'll pass on the flamethrower option though. What are the latest complaints, if any with with the latest trucks or has Ford pretty much got the problems straightened out with the Job 3 trucks.

other than their fuel economy blows, it's all good...
but check the 6.4L section here... guys are developing work-arounds

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg