Surging Sound

tgatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... EGR replaced and EBP replaced. All seems well at the moment. They also reflashed the PCM. Apparently it changes the functioning a little bit on the EGR. We'll see how it goes.

Tom

tgatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it in to work today. No surging noise. All seems to be good again. :) Now I need to hook up and tow with it.

Owen

That's my first name.....
Reaction score
Yep, tow with it now. That is when you will find out if they fixed it or not. I am bringing mine into the dealer today. :( They are going to do the recall on the FICM and then I am going to give them an earful about how a Toyota Tacoma V6 pulling the same size travel trailer I am (this guy was really crazy!! have no idea how he was going to stop that thing) pulled a 6% grade hill at 45mph right next to me. I was at 3300rpm, turbo screaming, intercooler fan sreaming... and I'm only going 45mph up this hill with a 8000lb trailer. :( There is something really wrong with this truck!!! I had half a dozen powerstrokes pass me up on these hills pulling way heavier loads then I am.

tgatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
45 with an 8,000lbs trailer on a 6% grade??!?!? Holy cow. Even with my check enigne light on I was running 50 mph @ 2500 RPMs with plenty of pedal to spare with my 12,000lbs 5th wheel on a 6% grade. There is definitely something wrong with your truck. :(

Tom

Owen

Reaction score
I know, I just got back from the dealer. He couldn't believe it either until we went for a test drive. This thing is a lazy dog. I didn't have the recall listed for my truck either - the one for the new ficm and harness. But it did have an icp recall....???? All I can say is this powerstroke is one expensive pile of crap. If this keeps up and they can't find a fix, then you will find me on dmax forums instead of powerstroke ones....

NFA Fun

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Owen, mines is in again too! Will give you a call in a few days when things slow down. Have some more info for you.

Owen

Reaction score
At least I got an F150 for a rental. The fastest car in the world is always a rental.... gonna make it fly later on.... :) He did find that the FICM recall was listed for my truck, so at least that will be done along with an ICP replacement. (not sure what the ICP is) I just got a funny feeling that they will tell me that it will fix all my problems and that will be all that they will do. :( I sure hope they take a good look at the turbo along with the 4th EGR valve that's in there now. I explained everything that is going on with my 'having a stroke powerstroke' so hopefully they can pull something out of all the details besides the FICM and ICP....

tgatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, just got back from a weekend of camping. :) The truck performed better than it EVER had. The new flash obviously changes how the trans learns among other things. There was a little of everything, running 65 mph on the interstate, 2 lane US Hwy with some rolling hills, and some 2 lane state hwy with some 6%+ grades. It ran awsome. :)

One thing I noticed was less shifting on Interstate hills that previous would unlock the TC or even cause a downshift to Direct. The other thing I noticed is that it would now stay in OD with the TC locked up as low as 55 mph as long is it was either flat or slightly down hill. I think Ford got it right with this flash.

I'll be heading out this weekend to not sure where yet. The weekend of the 16th I'll be going up to Riggins, ID which will require a good bit of mountains. I'm gonna run her wheels off this month, and hope to do it next month.

You can check my pics here: July 4th photos

Last edited:

Owen

Reaction score
Nice fish!!! Would that be a german brown trout? Those are pretty good eats.... :sweet

I just got back from a week long trip to Salt Lake from here in Phoenix. I was a bit nervous about going up there towing our toyhauler with all the issues I was having with lack of power and all, but after the dealer performed the FICM and ICP recall, replaced my second VGT solenoid along with my 5th EGR valve and not to mention the re-flash..... I pulled all those hills at 55mph or faster!!! :thumbs Turbo was screaming, intercooler fan working overtime and running about 2700 rpms. I don't want to ginks myself here, but I think my truck is back to life!! :D Now what do I do to keep it like this? -popcorn

VIZARD

"Saddle up!"
Reaction score
With all the new stuff you might want to just try it like it is for a while.

Personally, I don't think I would give the EGR valve another chance to get me though.

Tough call.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58