Talk about the 7.3L CPS Here!

pritch272

Pritch
Reaction score
Should I install or not?

Just recently bought a 2000 F250 PSD, it appears the CPS was replaced in 2001. I've taken the advice of others, and have a spare- I opted for one with a lifetime warranty, so I bought the Borg CSS1603 from O'Reilly Auto Parts for $139.99.

My question is, should I go ahead and install it and keep the old as a spare? Or should I just keep the new as a spare?

Thanks-

Pritch-

bisley45

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
New Guy, needs advice and help

just bought my first diesel. 2000, F-250 SuperDuty 7.3 Powerstroke. I will be buying a CPS tomorrow. I am having a problem with the left turn signal. It blinks very fast and does not light the bulbs. Replaced the rear bulb and it worked for about one day then went back to the rapid blink. I bought a new flasher from NAPA, but with the wonderful owners manual I cannot figure out where it goes. Is there something else I should check. thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Look ijn your Owners Manual for the blinker location. It should be in the fuse panel under the steering wheel. Welcome to SDD and enjoy your stay.

Dave :)

dMerre89

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well i switched from chevy and now Im regretting every bit of it. I bought a 2002 psd.. when I bought it, it didnt even make it home, computer went out... then my tranny just went out 2 weeks ago, 2300 bucks, and as of yesterday it broke down again and wont run... Im sick of it, MY FORD=JUNK!!!!!!!

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
dMerre89 said:
Well i switched from chevy and now Im regretting every bit of it. I bought a 2002 psd.. when I bought it, it didnt even make it home, computer went out... then my tranny just went out 2 weeks ago, 2300 bucks, and as of yesterday it broke down again and wont run... Im sick of it, FORD=JUNK!!!!!!!
Did you recently purchase the truck used and did it come with all the modifications listed and then some?
What kind of mileage is on the truck?

I'd like to hear more on the history of the truck;private party purchase,dealer purchase,trade,etc.

dMerre89

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
its a 2002, 180k, bought it at a dealer, I did all of the mods...
so far Ive changed the CPS and just changed the fuel pump, but nuthin, Wheh I turn it over, it acts like its gonna fire, but there's somethin thats keepin it from running.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
If you were able to run the original 4R100 transmission all the way to 180K then consider it blessed as you got one heck of a well built tranny :sweet
Have you hooked up a code scanner to pull up the DTC's to determine whats really causing the no start/runability issues?

Post up in the 99+ SuperDuty 7.3L Power Stroke Engine & Drivetrain Forum once you have the DTC numbers so we can get started on clearing the issues up:sweet

KevinsOffroad

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Someone else already alluded to it...but might I recommend buying a new one, replacing it in your driveway or garage where it's nice and easy to work on the rig, and then toss the old one in a ziplock bag inside the glove compartment just in case the NEW one ever goes out. No crawling around in the mud, no working on it at night, no fumbling for the right tools in a parking lot...

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
What will cause a CPS code to get set? I checked my codes this weekend and had a cps code but have not heard/felt any of the usual symptoms. I cleared them but have not had a chance to recheck since. Good thing I have my spare!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14