Talk about the 7.3L CPS Here!

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will work in your truck. I will leave it at that. It will not slice bread, do your dishes, or wash your clothes. If its all you can get on the side of the road, then get it. Other than that, get the "right" CPS for your truck.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stachiestach said:
ok, so with that said, do you guys think i should get the one from www.powerstrokeshop.com? or go directly through ford and spend the 200 and somethin dollars.

There is no reason to go to Ford for this part. International, or any number of vendors sells the correct part for HALF the cost of Ford. Even Ebay if you can wait for the auction to end.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
It's the CPS from the International DT466 engine,it's been a CPS some have been trying out on their 7.3L's for possible power,mileage enhancements.

If you need a spare CPS get the Ford OEM one.

silverado3500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need to get the CPS from Ford. You can buy from international, just make sure that you get the CPS for the T444e (The T444e is the 7.3 powerstroke diesel) the DT466 is a different engine, and is not the proper cps for our trucks.

The local ford dealership wanted $185+tax. International only charged me $89+tax.

WBRN1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
NHTSA Investigation of CMP Failures

This past February, the NHTSA opened an investigation into the Ford CMP problem based upon 31 reports of failures. The Investigation notification to Ford from NHTSA is at the following URL:

http://199.79.180.163/prepos/files/Artemis/Public/Pursuits/2006/PE/INIM-PE06011-23863.pdf

The investigation is still open. Anyone who has had a CMP failure, particularly any that have caused a safety issue (stalling at speed, loss of steering, etc) should probably file a complaint with NHTSA. If they get enough complaints, they may require Ford to issue a recall. I just added my failure to the list:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/complain/

By the way, thanks for all of the great info. I would have never figured out what was going on without all of the information in this and other threads
WBRN1
99 F250 SD

Last edited:

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be great if anyone on here that has had a CPS failure would go the site posted above and leave a complaint. Maybe they'll do something about it.

Also, I have a question. I was reading the CPS diagnosis article. The method of checking the CPS on 2002 & older trucks (watching the tach move while cranking) ..... does this work on manual transmission trucks?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg