Talk about the 7.3L CPS Here!

dmd

Reaction score
Add me to the CPS club. Truck died and I coundt get off the road before it rolled to a stop. Replaced the CPS and it runs just fine now.

hotrod2382

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
CPS Question

After morning start up have noticed idle races up and down to normal!! Just wondering if CPS could cause this problem??

1999 7.3 PS CC LB Bully Dog box

edsgang9

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I HAVE A 2001 POWER STROKE .IWAS HAVING TROUBLE GETTING IT TO START,USED A LITTLE STARTING FLUID AND IT WOULD START.BUT NOW IT WILLNOT START AT ALL.COULD THIS BE THE SAME PROLEM AS THE CPS

Last edited:

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
In the event you haven't been completely driven away... It's possible it could be your CPS but the best way to be certain is to have a code reader and see what you get. Or, you could just replace it and see what happens. If that isnt it then you now have a spare so you dont really lose out.

If you need info on getting codes read, let us know.

Springbubba

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
WOW

I am new here, and I must say, I am very excited to know there is such a supportive group of folks to turn to. I have only owned my Powerstroke for 2 weeks, and after spending a couple of hours reading these forums, I feel like I have owned one for years. I will have a new CPS in my glovebox tomorrow!

Thanks again for the info, and for having me!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I am new here, and I must say, I am very excited to know there is such a supportive group of folks to turn to. I have only owned my Powerstroke for 2 weeks, and after spending a couple of hours reading these forums, I feel like I have owned one for years. I will have a new CPS in my glovebox tomorrow!

Thanks again for the info, and for having me!
Welcome aboard Bubba :cool: Having a spare CPS in the glovebox got us out of a fix about a year ago :sweet

JonH

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Fill me in-popcorn

Yes. A new one came out (officially) today and is supposedly available at your local dealer. Some other parts houses have already been selling some like Fordparts.com for $15.23 plus some shipping.

The new part number is F7TZ-12K073-B.

Your dealer will (more than likely) charge more and I've read anywhere from $25 to $34 (I think). Anyway, it's a load cheaper than the old units.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg