The Best Things You Have Found On The Road

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
hey, i thought this would be interesting. what are some of the best things you have found on the road? tools, money, etc.???

well, coming home tonight from my son's baseball game, we came home on a diff. road than from the usual way we come home.

i was rounding a right hand turn, when i saw something that looked like it wasnt supposed to be in the road. so i stopped and backed up.

it was a CIRRIUS Graphite Shakespeare fishing reel and rod. now i am no fisherman, i havent even been fishing in over 20 years. so is what i found a good find?

somebody let me know, and pass along your stories of some of the best stuff you have found on the side or in the roads across america.

i usually find some sockets and stuff like that on occasion.

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big fisherman either, but that sounds like a damn good find if you ask me! :sweet

I would say my best finds have been two electric scooters at two serperate times at different homes in my neighborhood that were put out for garbage! One, a nice Razor with big fat tires, had a broken throttle lever. The rest was almost perfect. Ordered a new throttle and cable assembly on the internet for $15! It is now my sons! The other was a Schwinn S350 motor scooter. All it needed was the rear wheel straightend and a new battery. This thing will haul me around on camping trips! :sweet Me and my son race 'em :burnit

I'll have to dig deeper into my gray matter to see if I had found anything better, those were the most recent!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i do remember finding a good watch in perfect working order about a week ago, my son wears it. i know that may sound nasty, but there was nothing wrong with it, and it was clean.

i also found an expensive pair of Oakley sunglasses once too.

also found a tie down pull bar, like a car hauler uses to tighten up the chains. about a 50.00 dollar value. i did have to battle traffic on I-565 in huntsville, with cars doin about 80mph

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
1800 watt honda generator
guy lept out in front of me on a two lane raod and it jumped to save its own life
I stopped and picked it up. started on the 2nd pull
still got it after 15 years

Scot

;()
Reaction score
$2000 snowblower. :D :eek: :D

I used to drive a semi delivering food to chain restaurants at night. I had keys to all my stops so I started about midnight. December 23rd about 5 years back I was cruising down the highway after a good snow storm and noticed a skid mark veering off into the ditch. There was something there but I couldn't make out what. I must have been in a helpful mood cuz I stopped to check on the person in the car I thought I saw. When I get to the ditch all I found was a 13hp 28" simplicity snow blower. It had obviously fallen off something at a high rate of speed & was pretty beat up. I decided to leave it there and assumed whoever dropped it would retrace their route and recover it later. This was about 12:45am. I passed the same place @ 4:45am and it was still there. At that point I thought "well someone is getting a freebie! why not me???" I pulled over flipped it up on its wheels & after laying almost upside down for hours it started right up. A little smoke and it ran fine. I dropped the ramp on the trailer and drove it on :D

It did cost me $120 in parts to get it pretty again. But since then it has run flawlessly.:thumbs :red

At that same job I would be the first on the lot in the AM - and every year I would find cash sticking out of snow banks as they thawed at night. biggest bill I ever found was a $50 and the most in one season was 285$ - I guess drunks would hit the drive through at night and drop their $. on a snowy night the plow drivers would never see it.

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
150 class 8-point white-tail.

I had the rack mounted to another deer I killed a couple years later.

drchris1024

SDD Security
Reaction score
A 7 1/2 FT. Eastern Diamondback rattle snake. It had about a 13 in. gurth. and a 5 1/2 in. rattle. My wife hit it by accident. The kids loved the rattle.

Also a 1 week old White Tail doe. I took it to my father-in-law about 6 years ago. They still have it. They tried letting her go when she was old enough and she was gone about a week and came back pretty beat up. Now she lays out in the front yard w/ his dogs and even chases cars. Her name is "Roxy".

Last edited:

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you this, if you ever need a ladder come to Atlanta on the I-285 perimiter and you can find yourself a free one in the middle of the road! :thumbs Course, the road is 6-7 lanes wide and everyone is doing 80mph so if you were good at Frogger back in the 80's you might stand a chance! :sly Seriously there is at least one per day on the roads here, the traffic guys get a kick out of it.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I'll tell you this, if you ever need a ladder come to Atlanta on the I-285 perimiter and you can find yourself a free one in the middle of the road! :thumbs Course, the road is 6-7 lanes wide and everyone is doing 80mph so if you were good at Frogger back in the 80's you might stand a chance! :sly Seriously there is at least one per day on the roads here, the traffic guys get a kick out of it.

:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

i can vouch for that, for all the days i have spent deliverin cars over there.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14