The crap is hitting the fan...

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Can anyone blame Navistar for the actions they have taken? They have a contract with Ford that says that Navistar will be the supplier of diesel engines for the Super Duty for the next five years. Ford starts making noises about rushing a new diesel engine developed in house to market. Which would be worse, a 6.4 which seems to be trouble free except for the weenie roast option that some Canadians got for free, or some slapped together POS that the Ford engineers rush to market to get out from under Navistar's thumb.

Somewhat of a Hobson's choice if you ask me. All things being considered, I would honor the contract and use the whole five years to design a good diesel engine and not try to slap one together. Meanwhile, stick with the 6.4.

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeh this is getting really rediculous! rray is right, they need to keep it thru the contracted time, and take those 5 years to develope a bad ass I6 diesel! that would be the smart thing to do!

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
That prompted Navistar to briefly cut off diesel engine shipments to Ford -- though a judge later ordered the company to resume those shipments while the case proceeds.

So I guess they are still building them?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a legal pissing contest now...its the a way for international to
try and prevent ford from building their own.

international needs ford...ford is internationals SINGLE largest
customer.

92F350CC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, GREAT way to encourage a customer to stay with you. Don't pay them the agreed upon warranty percentage, then when they whine, jack up the engine price, then when they sue, shut off production, then when they get a court to uphold your contract, keep *****ing and then demand a HUGE HUGE payment that isn't even owed, yeah, smart business there. It's time for Ford to kick Navistar to the curb and develop their own motor. I know they can do it if they really want to.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
international will never let it happen...if ford kicked 'em to the curb
they would be no more....its a LEGAL game...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58