bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agreed...if the company is in trouble would you hang around to see it
go under & wind up w/out a job or be associated w/ that black eye on
your resume ?

you have to make sure folks hang around & have the incentives to see
it thru...

people hated the money that lou gerstner got @ ibm (45M + per year)
but he turn the thing around BIG TIME....admittedly its a gamble but
one they HAVE to take

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This guy did wonders for Boeing... let's see what he does here before we all start crying about how the middle class gets nothing...

BlueRidgeRunner

Ford Parts Guy
Reaction score
Just to make the cheese more binding.......

Franklin Power in Indiana has been purchased by Caterpillar in January.

CLICK HERE for the story.

Franklin Power is Ford's and Navistar remanufacturer for diesel engines. Wonder whats up with that. Cat also is the manufacturer for some of the injectors that Navistar uses. IE: 7.3 injectors. There was a squabble over them between Cat and Navistar a few years ago. Cat won that war.

-popcorn

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
This guy did wonders for Boeing... let's see what he does here before we all start crying about how the middle class gets nothing...

aint no cryin goin on here kleetus. but businesses like this shut down plants, put people out of jobs, and jack up the salaries of those at the top levels?

that is the point of view i was lookin at.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the SUPERDUTY is fords most PROFITABLE vehicle...so far ive seen that
they did the right thing in forcing the supplier to continue production &
supply...i mean what else were they left to do ?

NOW i ask you...would you take this personally if you worked for the
engine mfg ? being forced to produce even though you knew your employer
was getting screwed (whether or not thats true...depends on
where you work i guess).

i SURE as hell wouldnt wanna take delivery of one of those engines knowing
there might be some pissed off employees or manufactures behind it.

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
Just talked to the salesman that I ordered my truck from and he told me that his General manager told him the the dispute was resolved this morning. Hope it's true.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
aint no cryin goin on here kleetus. but businesses like this shut down plants, put people out of jobs, and jack up the salaries of those at the top levels?

that is the point of view i was lookin at.

To a point, yeah, but do you really think some guy running a fork lift with barely a high school education really needs to make 80k a year? I think not. And then have the audacity to ask for more, or complain that his benefits are being squeezed? Hi! Welcome to the real world where the rest of us live. The UAW needs to get their heads out of their rears and take a look around. Union work force in the US is about 13% of the total workforce. I feel pretty safe that the other 87% of the country doesn't enjoy benefits like they have. They should just be damn happy they're still working at all. The big three might actually be competitive if they didn't have the UAW stone around their necks.

I'm not going to say that people aren't going to get burnt due to mismanagement and failure to see the writing on the wall, but the stubborn attitude runs both ways. These people go home after their 8 hour shift, and they're done. The higher ups I guarantee don't stop after 8 hours. I'm salaried as an engineer, and I wish my day was done at 8 hrs. Now try running an entire division with people who could care less below you with no work ethic or "it's not my job attitude"

I'm just tired of this tax the rich mentality that keeps rearing it's ugly head. Mind you, I'm not pointing at you. :soap

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58