The IDM mod DECODED!!!

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
well i went to radio shack to get the resistors and they looked at me like i was nuts and sad"we dont carry resistors that high".
You have to remember, the kids they hire are trained only to sell the upper end sound stuff and not much more. Did he/she offer to order it for you? Probably not because you are only talking a 25 cent item here and probably not worth it to him/her.
Jim

ChrisMartinTX

97 F-250
Reaction score
hehe... thats how my dad taught me resistors when i was a teenager... oh wait that was only a few years ago :D :p

he said thats how his prof at lamar taught them back when he was in school

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
the hell with radio shack i just ordered 400 resistors from digi-key.they were cheap and i figured i could use them for something else if needed.plus if i can get into the powerstroke performance ill be needing them :thumbs :D

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i got the digi-key package today.the flat resistors were the wrong size.they were about half the size of the original resistor that was in there.but i ordered the regular round resistors.i used one of those and got it in good.hopefully ill have a chance to try it out tomorrow :D

rtxcoon

She Smokes a little!!!
Reaction score
mines done also... :D

cant tell much either, yet....only drove it tonite about 5 minutes to pick
up the chumps from school..

site1018.jpg

MADVAN

Few Loose Nuts
Reaction score
How about an output voltage test?
Test before & after the mod. Then we can tell if the mod works!!!:thanks

Bill-MADVAN
First reply on sight love this thread!!!

Also this mod has allready made it to E-BAY.
Item # 8011090715, Seller is aircraftanalysis. Has to be one of you guy's:sweet

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
yep its there
"Now you can perform your own idm modification to increase from the standard 110v to 140v allowing an increase in hp & torque.The modification turns on the injectors sooner and stays on longer.This auction is for complete instructions on how to modify your IDM only no IDM is included in this auction and saves you over $200 on this mod.Alittle knowledge in electronics is needed as well as good soldering skills but it`s not impossible to do.Seller assumes no responsibility for any damage done to idm due to incorrect modifications or a weak idm.The necessary part is included but does not include the sealer to reseal the IDM.Please state which IDM you have to insure correct part received as IDM-120 uses a different part.Thanks and enjoy the mod and savings.Also included is more modifications info such as the 10K mod,fuel pressure regulator mod and more. "
Item location: Roanoke, Texas
United States

thats incredible that somebody is doing this. -mad
such is free enterprise
I remeber a certain florida retailer doing something like this ont eh return regualtor mod to.
oh well

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58