the new Airbus A380!?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
has anybody else here seen the video of the 2 A280s landing?holy crap do those wings flex!!!!:eek: :eek: and they were all over the runway when they touched down.looked like one of them was gonna loose it and crash!you wont ever see me on any plane after watching those 2 videos!!!

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude thats NOTHIN'...the flights that DONT do that are more rare than
the ones that do...cross winds, un-even touch downs...its all part
of flying...imagine what it takes to keep one THAT straight & level
w/ a cross wind blowing...

Ive flown 100's of thousands of miles (as a passenger) on contental airlines
alone...its safer then driving your truck !

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
has anybody else here seen the video of the 2 A280s landing?holy crap do those wings flex!!!!:eek: :eek: and they were all over the runway when they touched down.looked like one of them was gonna loose it and crash!you wont ever see me on any plane after watching those 2 videos!!!

You have obviously never seen a takeoff or landing of a B-52. I'll let Tail Gunner enlighten you on the Buff's takeoff and landing characteristics.:)

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Well here is what a 747 looks like when it tackles a crosswind. Looks like its landing a Japan. Bring a barf bag for that kind of landing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKNIB6MD2j4

That was the old Hong Kong airport, which had a crazy approach pattern. If you tried to land a plane with a straight in approach there, you would run into the side of a hill. The Chinese government finished a new airport there, and that airport has since been closed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg